Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

That Barazite looks like a bit of a prodigy. Can't see Arsenal letting him go other than on loan.

I know there is a few who don't like youtbe videos,but I also know a lot of us like to get at least a glimpse of any potential signings,before all the usual posts come in:)

South Africa striker Katlego Mphela admits that he is flattered with the interest shown by SPL champions Rangers.

The 25-year-old top-scored in the Premier Soccer League last season and impressed during the World Cup finals, scoring in the victory against France.

Mphela is keen to compete in a stronger league and a potential move to Glasgow has clearly excited the former Strasbourg man.

"It's my dream to go back to Europe, especially when a team like Rangers say they are interested in me. They are one of the biggest teams in Europe," Mphela told The Cape Times.

"They are the Manchester United of Scotland and they play in the Champions League.

"If they put in an offer, I am ready to leave, especially if their coach says he wants me."

Committed

Although Mphela seems determined to move overseas, he remains committed to the Mamelodi Sundowns cause.

"My goal is to go abroad, but if I stay, I still want to be the top goal-scorer and double the number of goals," he added.

"It is possible, because when I look at the chances we created last season, I should have scored 30 goals."

Mphela is likely to lead the line in Bafana Bafana's friendly with Ghana at Soccer City on Wednesday.

I know there is a few who don't like youtbe videos,but I also know a lot of us like to get at least a glimpse of any potential signings,before all the usual posts come in:)

What a pass to setup the 1st goal in the clip. Talk about defence splitting!

Remember these youtube videos made Sebo look good:whistle:

They did. However, I never said 'sign the player who made that pass.'

You could put a video on YouTube that would make me look good.

Rangers make bids for mystery pair

Ian Durrant has revealed Rangers have made a “couple of bids” for players on Tuesday, as the SPL champions attempt to bolster their squad in time for the new season. The coach, in Northern Ireland to manage a young Rangers team against Glentoran, will run the rule over Arsenal’s Nacer Barazite in the fixture.

Negotiations are ongoing for Rapid Vienna striker Nikica Jelavic to come to Ibrox, with a fee having been agreed between both clubs. But Durrant hinted that offers had been made for additional personnel beyond the Croatian, as Walter Smith steps up his efforts to increase the quantity within his ranks.

“We hope to bring in, we need to bring in,” Durrant said on Tuesday. “We need to bring in the numbers we’ve lost. We’ve lost seven players this year and it leaves us short in terms of personnel.

“It’s not through the want of trying. We’re surveying every avenue in terms of trying to bring players in. There’s also been a couple of bids tabled today for players.”

Durrant stopped short of revealing who Rangers had made a move for. But Honduran striker Georgie Welcome could be one player Smith may look to add, having had the Motagua player on trial for the past 10 days.

Other names that have been linked with the Ibrox club in recent weeks and months include Dundee United pair David Goodwillie and Craig Conway, as well as South African pair Katlego Mphela and Bongani Khumalo.

Rangers are yet to make any signings this summer, having lost six first team players in the close season. Kevin Thomson and Danny Wilson left the club for a combined �£4 million, while Nacho Novo, Kris Boyd, Steven Smith and DaMarcus Beasley were all left under freedom of contract.

While the move for Jelavic is believed to be close, pending the player settling a financial dispute with his current club, Rangers missed out on Chris Eagles earlier in the transfer window. The Burnley winger, who travelled to Glasgow for signing talks, elected to stay with the English Championship club instead.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/191072-rangers-make-bids-for-mystery-pair/

RANGERS are on the brink of making Tommy Smith their first signing for TWO YEARS.

SunSport can reveal that the SPL champs last night met Portsmouth's �£1.5million valuation for the frontman.

And boss Walter Smith hopes to get the nod this morning to open talks with one of his top targets. Gers had an initial bid rejected by the cash-strapped Championship club in the close season.

SunSport was first to reveal their interest in the versatile attacker two months ago.

But they have now increased their offer and could land Smith ahead of the SPL kick-off against Kilmarnock at Ibrox on Saturday.

The move for the former Watford attacker - who can play out wide or through the middle - WON'T effect the big-money move for Rapid Vienna hitman Nikica Jelavic.

Gers gaffer Smith is still keen to overcome the final hurdles and land the Croatian star.

But the move for English forward Smith is likely to kickstart a late surge into the transfer window as Gers seek to bolster a wafer-thin squad.

Gers have also been linked with Fratton Park team-mates David Nugent and John Utaka.

But Smith was always the main target for his namesake and could open negotiations this morning on a move.

The chase for Jelavic is still on hold after he left to join up with Croatia for tonight's friendly in Slovakia.

His former side Zulte Waregem are due 30 per cent of any deal and it's believed Rapid are trying to get Gers to pay half of that direct to the Belgian side, leaving them to make up the rest.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3090176/Rangers-close-in-on-the-15m-signing-of-Portsmouths-Tommy-Smith.html