Summer 2010 Transfer Rumours Thread

I think WS is looking at another striker as cover for Miller who seems to be carrying this skin splint injury, so he probably knows KM wont play 45 matches this season.

Id give Lafferty a chance this season, I think he has ability but just needs to be mature and consistant. He did enough in the last 6 games of last season to earn a chance IMO.

A front 3 of Lafferty, Miller and Naismith isnt to bad and if we are going to play a 4-3-3 with no winger hugging the touchline the signing 2 more strikers would make sense. That would give us the 3 mentioned, Velicka, Fleck and 2 more. Just means we are light in the cover for McCulloch, Edu and Davis.

Velicka in my eyes has to go either on loan or sold at a loss of �£1m as we won't get any money for him imo.

I had high hopes for Velicka when he signed. Never know, he may bang in 35 this season :whistle:

Up front I've no doubt that any two from our strikers can score regularly in the SPL. The problem for me is that they need good service which comes back to the midfield and also our tendancy to hoof the ball up from the back if we're struggling to break teams down.

Like Frankie said, if we're looking at two strikers, then maybe someone will be moving on. Lafferty and Naismith haven't really had much of a chance through the middle and with our lack of funds, maybe they're destined for another season playing wide. Velicka is here, so assuming he gets fit, I'd rather we keep him and give him a chance, his record suggests he's at least score goals for us so is maybe a better option than someone who's untried in the SPL.

So, apparently we've increased our offer for the lad and someone on FF says Bain has flown out to Austria this morning.

lets hope so and we get him as he looks quite decent from what i've seen of him ...........

Didnt know we had been linked with this lad....

Kevin-Prince Boateng has clashed with Portsmouth over where he will spend his future after making Genoa his club of choice.

The 23-year-old midfielder, who raised his profile by impressing for Ghana at the World Cup, has set his sights on a move to the Italian club.

However, Genoa's Serie A rivals Lazio are offering Pompey significantly more money for his services, according to the club's administrator.

Boateng has also been linked with a switch to Stoke, Everton and Rangers, but it appears likely he will make the move to Italy.

Portsmouth administrator Andrew Andronikou said: "I'm discussing with Kevin his position and he will be leaving the club - but it's just a matter of time and how much we get for him.

"His representatives are trying to put pressure on us to accept far less money than he is worth.

"He wants to go to Genoa but we have a much higher offer from Lazio and we are trying to bridge the two and the sooner we can move it on the better."