Gers plan swoop for former Don...

Guest Flying Hippo
Naismith is a better all round player than the likes of Riordan IMO. Riordan is much more incosistent than Naismith and doesn't seem to be well liked as a person. I would hate to have the likes of him at our club.

Riordan scored 16 goals in 40 starts last season

Naismith scored 4 goals in 28 starts

Both playing in identical positions of course, out wide despite being strikers by trade

Because he is much more talented than Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty, two players who will almost certainly start every game next season

Naismith I'll give you, he is one player Ive never rated. How he got starts ahead of both Novo and Fleck at the end of last season is baffling.

I still think Lafferty has something to offer if he plays through the middle and would have him over Riordan any day of the week. Im not a fan of Riordan, too lightweight for me.

Riordan scored 16 goals in 40 starts last season

Naismith scored 4 goals in 28 starts

Both playing in identical positions of course, out wide despite being strikers by trade

he couldn't hack it at a bigger club than Hibs already so why do you think he would cut it with us?

i'd say he has a free role and is more attacking than naismith and has played more but has also had a few stinkers I have seen.

not one person i can think off has a good word to say about him, that can't do him any favours but it looks like he won't change so why anyone would want him really is beyond me as he's not that good for anyone to take such a big risk on........

Naismith I'll give you, he is one player Ive never rated. How he got starts ahead of both Novo and Fleck at the end of last season is baffling.

I still think Lafferty has something to offer if he plays through the middle and would have him over Riordan any day of the week. Im not a fan of Riordan, too lightweight for me.

Fleck is another Boyd in the making, but will never score the goals Boydy has.

It says a great deal about the way Rangers do not plan ahead, when Boyd has been allowed to leave for zilch. We should be savvy enough to think ahead where contracts are concerned, transferring early if need be.

Guest Flying Hippo
Fleck is another Boyd in the making, but will never score the goals Boydy has.

Fleck has natural talent that Boyd could never dream of

Fleck has natural talent that Boyd could never dream of

Not sure how you would define natural talent. But I do know that Boyd has a tally of goals that Fleck will never equal. Anyway, one is gone and the other is arriving, which now makes Fleck the more important of the two.

Guest Flying Hippo
Not sure how you would define natural talent. But I do know that Boyd has a tally of goals that Fleck will never equal. Anyway, one is gone and the other is arriving, which now makes Fleck the more important of the two.

Fleck should be playing off the main front man in the 'Miller' role though that's unlikely to ever happen unless we start using Sir Kenneth as the main striker

I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Miller centrally and Lafferty and Fleck wide of him (but not as traditional wingers)

Fleck should be playing off the main front man in the 'Miller' role though that's unlikely to ever happen unless we start using Sir Kenneth as the main striker

I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Miller centrally and Lafferty and Fleck wide of him (but not as traditional wingers)

i think with our squad that the best suited formation. we havent got any wingers to play 442