Velicka set for Rangers return

Guest Flying Hippo

You just know that if Boyd leaves, there'll be so much talk coming out of Murray Park about how great Velicka looks in training and how he's like a new signing

The guy is terrible, in all honesty. Even when he got that run of games and scored in most of them, he was always substituted around the 50 minute mark because he was blowing out of his arse. One of the slowest players i've ever seen and an all round game that makes Boyd look like Didier Drogba

Walter starting him at Easter Road ahead of Novo almost cost us the title in 2009. His first half performance was one of the worst i've ever seen from a Rangers player

we've not got the money to sign real quality players have we? He did do well and scored some important goals for us in the run then got a bad injury in his first game on loan.

If he gets fit then there's no reason to why he can't be a decent squad player for us and I doubt he is on that much wages.

Who would you suggest we sign with the money being quoted i.e. �£5m?

sorry but your moaning is worse than a womens :brick:;)

Guest Flying Hippo

Velicka's run in the team coincided with Walter basically running out of ideas after we lost the CIS Cup final and blew a 2-0 lead at home to Hearts. The tactics were basically 'ping the ball long to Velicka and hope for the best' and aye granted, he scored 4 goals, but he was still horrific to watch. Just because we're skint does not mean i should praise players who are nowhere near good enough to play for Rangers. Lest we forget that Velicka cost more than Boyd and Novo combined

Edited by Flying Hippo

Guest Flying Hippo
How much is he on a week?

I vaguely remember �£8000 a week being bandied about when he joined Bristol City. He won't be a high earner anyway given that his last two parent clubs were Lithuanian and Norwegian

8000 a week IS a high earner. We should get shot and use those wages to.... I don't know..... increase our offer to Boyd ?

Seriously though, we do need to act within financial constraints (which includes capping Boyd's offer, whatever it may be) and we could get much better value than Velicka, even for 8k a week.

Guest Flying Hippo

Velicka is the absolute epitome of the 'does nothing for 89 minutes (or 49, given that he is always subbed off on the 50 minute mark) but pops up with a goal' striker. Even moreso than Boyd. In our current predicament and with our squad so tiny, we can't afford a passenger. We need our forwards to be able to create things for themselves like Sir Kenneth of Miller