Galatasaray line up bid for Rangers' Bougherra

MADJID BOUGHERRA wants to stay and help Rangers challenge for three in a row after Walter Smith signed a new deal.

Ibrox fans' favourite Bougy has been linked with a summer exit after a season wrecked by injury and international duty.

But the Algeria ace has told SunSport he has NOT asked for a move and has NOT demanded a pay rise to stay.

And Bougherra insists he can achieve his two big career goals, Champions League action and trophy joy, at Gers.

He said: "Walter deserves his contract. After working for months without a deal, people can't say he's at Rangers just for the money.

"He is staying as he loves the club and everything the club has achieved in the past three years is down to him.

"This will be his last season but he has the strength and personality to build one more team and win the title again.

"Walter signing his contract is better for me. He knows my style, he knows my game and he's been great with me.

"I am happy to stay and I will give Rangers 200 per cent. I have two years left on my contract and I have not asked to negotiate.

"I have never asked for a contract and I plan to be back for pre-season training after the World Cup."

Barcelona, Liverpool, Galatasaray, Panathinaikos and Newcastle have all watched Bougy.

But he said: "I would prefer to stay and win trophies and play in the Champions League with Rangers than go to a club which can't give me these things."

I know it is the sun but i hope they are right and he stays.