Galatasaray line up bid for Rangers' Bougherra

The Turkish club are believed to be preparing an offer for the Algerian defender but could face competition from an unnamed European club, according to a source close to the player.

Galatasaray line up bid for Rangers' Bougherra

On the move?: Madjid Bougherra is a reported transfer target for Galatasaray and an unnamed European club.

Madjid Bougherra may be inching closer to an exit from Rangers with interest in his services growing from abroad. STV Sport understands Turkish club Galatasaray are considering a bid for the Algerian defender, with Rangers also believed to have turned down an offer from another club in Europe within the last 72 hours.

Reports in Turkish press on Wednesday have linked Gala boss Frank Rijkaard with a move for the former Charlton Athletic stopper. Sources close to the player confirmed there is definite interest from Turkey but a formal offer is yet to be tabled.

The same sources also revealed an unnamed second club bid in the region of Ã?£4.5 million for Bougherra at the weekend. That offer was allegedly rejected by the Ibrox club, who ââ?¬â?? according to the reports in Turkey ââ?¬â?? are seeking Ã?£7 million for the player.

Galatasaray sporting director Adnane Sizerine is said to be contacting Rangers officials in order to agree a fee for the defender. The Turkish press has reported that the sporting director is under instruction from Rijkaard to secure the services of a replacement for Servet Cetin. The Turkish centre-back was dropped by Rijkaard towards the end of the season as the Dutchman was apparently unimpressed by the stopper's distribution from the back.

Speaking in Algeria on Tuesday evening, Bougherra insisted he was privy to no talk of him possibly switching clubs, saying instead he was focused purely on recovering from a calf injury in time for the World Cup.

ââ?¬Å?Honestly, I do not care [about a transfer],ââ?¬Â he told http://www.competition.dz. ââ?¬Å?That [my transfer] will be a matter of destiny.

ââ?¬Å?Now the only thing that worries me is my rehabilitation and preparation for the World Cup. Why? Because I am motivated 2,000 per cent.

ââ?¬Å?If I have to stay at Rangers, it will not be a bad deal since the club will play in the Champions League.ââ?¬Â

If that 7 million figure is true then good, i really think we could get that for him. I don't want to see him go but if we can get a good sum for him and he wants to move on then all parties would be happy.

Not particularly enamoured by his "if I have to stay at Rangers" comment - makes it seem he wants to be anywhere but at Ibrox. That being the case, and if we can get that quoted 7 mill for him, bite their hand off.

WS has a pretty decent historical record of attracting quality CB's. Cuellar for 2.2. million (profit of 5+), Bougherra for 2 mill (profit of 5 mill)...... and lets not forget the irrepressible Davie Weir who has been a standout for us for the most part in the very twilight of his career

Guest Flying Hippo

�£7 million for a player who missed 20 league games last season and only played in 1 Old Firm game? I'd fly him to Istanbul myself

if it s 7m id let him go ,his heart does seem to be with us so fine let him go

but if he thinks Galatasaray is a step up he has another thing comming. don�t think they are even the country�s top team anymore.

oh well cya boogie. i think smith is great at spotting CB's so we will be fine

Guest Flying Hippo

We all knew Bougie came here to try and make a name for himself like Cuellar and get a move to a bigger club and that was fine when he was committed and playing well every week

But over the last 12 months he has been well and truly working his ticket and his constant injuries and disappearing, not to mention not even turning up for his title winning medal, is just exasperating. I want this sorry saga over with asap