Guest laudrupno1

heard this last nite & i for one am gutted thought if takeover happened we'd hav got him signed up but good luck to nacho another great player away who wanted to stay!!

Guest Flying Hippo

I see a few of the 'everythings fine' mob on FF are giving it the old 'he's 31 and past his best, so what?' treatment

Novo's age and ability are not the reason why i'm so devastated by this news. It proves that Rangers can no longer afford to keep even their lowest paid players when it comes to contract renewal time. And that loyalty only works one way at this club now

Novo this year. Probably Thomson and Papac next year. Shame on you Mr Murray, shame on you

I see a few of the 'everythings fine' mob on FF are giving it the old 'he's 31 and past his best, so what?' treatment

Novo's age and ability are not the reason why i'm so devastated by this news. It proves that Rangers can no longer afford to keep even their lowest paid players when it comes to contract renewal time. And that loyalty only works one way at this club now

Novo this year. Probably Thomson and Papac next year. Shame on you Mr Murray, shame on you

Personally, I disagree Hippo. I think it's quite prudent to allow older players who aren't starting or even playing every week to move on because it's better to invest what little wage money we have in younger talent with the potential to earn us serious money if they play well enough to get a big move. By younger talent I'm not just talking about kids, I'm talking about 23 to 27 year olds. Your saying 'Novo this year. Probably Thomson and Papac next year'. Well tbh, it wouldn't surprise me at all if you're right about Papac, but I'd like to think that the club will invest in extending Thomson's contract with the view to being able to get a good price for him if he attracts offers. They've offered Boyd an improved deal to stay in the hope that he'll accept and we won't lose him on a free. Unfortunately Boyd is sought after though and he may well be tempted by a move regardless of the fact that the club will be losing out.