Celtic suffer Europe seeding blow...

Guest Flying Hippo

It's weird; i've heard a few (maybe 4 or 5) Rangers fans down the years say they support Celtic in Europe because "they're Scottish" (are they?) or "it's good for the co-efficient" but i have never once heard of a Celtic fan supporting us in Europe

Screw'em

I hold my hands up and admit I laughed when Motherwell lost last year - was it to Llanelli or someone? Some mickey Mouse Welsh team. I usually do want the other Scottish teams to do well, but the Tims are the exception I'm afraid. I despise Man U too and always say there has only ever been one time that I have wanted them to win - yip you guessed it at the Bheggardome

I hold my hands up and admit I laughed when Motherwell lost last year - was it to Llanelli or someone? Some mickey Mouse Welsh team. I usually do want the other Scottish teams to do well, but the Tims are the exception I'm afraid. I despise Man U too and always say there has only ever been one time that I have wanted them to win - yip you guessed it at the Bheggardome

What about Old Trafford? :whistle:.

Bit of a catch22.

On one hand if they dont progress we gain more revenue this year.

Yet if they do progress then it helps Scottish seedings points for future CL campaigns which we will desperatly need. If we retain most of our current squad and team morale id be quietly confident of us winning the league in the next year or 2.

I like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe. I enjoy seeing Celtic get stuffed but i admit i have wanted them to win on occasion to give the middle finger up to some people who look down on the Scottish league. Yes it is a poor league but I still dont like outsiders calling it a joke when the OF have both reached euro finals in the last 7 years. The only reason other leagues are superior now is down to SKY's money. Before that then 4 or 5 Scottish teams were able to compete with any English side.

Seeing Celtic beat Liverpool and Blackburn in 2003 was quite good but Porto winning the final topped it all.

Its a bit like England at the World Cups. Good to have an interest in them being there but great to see them get knocked out.

Bit of a catch22.

On one hand if they dont progress we gain more revenue this year.

Yet if they do progress then it helps Scottish seedings points for future CL campaigns which we will desperatly need. If we retain most of our current squad and team morale id be quietly confident of us winning the league in the next year or 2.

I like to see Scottish teams do well in Europe. I enjoy seeing Celtic get stuffed but i admit i have wanted them to win on occasion to give the middle finger up to some people who look down on the Scottish league. Yes it is a poor league but I still dont like outsiders calling it a joke when the OF have both reached euro finals in the last 7 years. The only reason other leagues are superior now is down to SKY's money. Before that then 4 or 5 Scottish teams were able to compete with any English side.

Seeing Celtic beat Liverpool and Blackburn in 2003 was quite good but Porto winning the final topped it all.

Its a bit like England at the World Cups. Good to have an interest in them being there but great to see them get knocked out.

Spot on. We have to rid ourselves of this parochialism. Like you say, it was good to see them punctured in Seville at the last hurdle.

Yes it is a poor league but I still dont like outsiders calling it a joke when the OF have both reached euro finals in the last 7 years. The only reason other leagues are superior now is down to SKY's money. Before that then 4 or 5 Scottish teams were able to compete with any English side.

I do hate the arrogance of some people about our league with the population of our country getting to a Euro final is a fantastic achievement, but we still get criticised . I also agree with you on the Sky money, English clubs have been spreading it about Europe (for a few years now) and Standard Liege are getting fees of �£15m from Everton for Fellaini. Where as the English leagues sort of see us a feeder league and won't pay huge sums of money. I know we got some good money for Cuellar and Hutton but if they were anywhere else they probably would have went for double that.