Can't say i share the make or break stuff with regards to Thomson. He has clearly proved that he's good enough to play for Rangers and whilst he'll never go on to be a Barry Ferguson, he's a vital member of our squad

Our fans are notoriously fickle and many are already impatient as to his lack of development.

Remember he's out of contract next summer so if he has a good start to the new season hopefully we'll renew it but if he struggles again (or gets injured) he may not be offered another one.

That may not affect his career per se but if he can't step up a gear or two now, then arguably he never will.

A fully fit and playing well Kevin Thomson should be a key player for Rangers and Scotland. It is up to him to show that.

Davis and Edu for me has to be our first choice CM pairing next year.

Well, that will depend on what formation Smith goes with.

A 5 man midfield isn't beyond the realms of possibility to protect a smaller squad, and with Boyd leaving, it just seems more likely to me - and will fit the remaining players more easily than a four.

Even if that isn't the case, I don't buy into the Davis 'must play centrally' hype. Essentially he has a free role in our team and drifts inside more often than not anyway.

I'd certainly prefer we didn't play two holding players in a four though and signed a creative player to play on the right so Davis did play in the centre. Naismith could play there but I remain sceptical of his efforts.

Thomson is a good player for me. Brown a liability who shows all the signs of not being able to grow up.

Hibs fans must be delighted at getting 6.5m for them, just the same.

Ive always felt Brown has more talent but Thomson more professional.

I think if Brown was a Rangers player he would have become far more mature under WS.

KEVIN THOMSON has pleaded with Rangers bosses not to sell him.

Gordon Strachan is preparing a shock �£3million bid to take the midfielder to Middlesbrough.

The ex-Celtic boss has targeted the 25-year-old Scotland star and believes the financial crisis at Ibrox may help him get his man.

Thommo is entering the final year of his contract with the SPL champions but he could be sold now as the club look to ease their cash woes.

The moneymen running Rangers would find any bid of around �£3m for the ex-Hibs star very difficult to turn down but last night Thomson begged the bank NOT to sell him.

He insisted that he wants only to sign a new deal at Gers.

He confessed: "My fate is out of my own hands to a certain extent.

"I have a year left on my contract but I have stated numerous times that I would love to sign a new deal.

"I see my future lying here at Ibrox.

"It's the best club in the world and I hope the banks aren't going to force the situation and tell me I need to move on.

"The grass is not always greener on the other side.

"If I was to stay at this club for the rest of my life then I would be a very happy boy."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2969355/Rangers-midfielder-Kevin-Thomson-doesnt-want-to-leave-the-club.html#ixzz0nh3nHUnC

Thomson would always be a pick for me, tho' he has to control the rush of blood he seems to get. Also KT will be here when Davis and Edu are long gone, if he gets his wish.

Good to hear. I know that a lot of footballers will go with the money, but surely the chance of paying in Europe and winning honours still counts for something? Plus, the lad can't be on too bad a wage. One encouraging thing at the moment is that we do have some good, young players in our squad to build things around.

Guest Flying Hippo

Will Murray send Bain round to his home and tell him that Rangers might cease to exist if he doesn't agree to leave, like he allegedly did with Hutton?

Will Murray send Bain round to his home and tell him that Rangers might cease to exist if he doesn't agree to leave, like he allegedly did with Hutton?

Alleged by whom?