I hope the add-ons include a huge sell-on clause. 2 million is a steal for him but, lets be honest, he has only played half a season and only has one more season left on his contract. We would risk losing him for nothing if we tried to hold onto him and we simply cant do that.

This will be one where many will be screaming that it isnt enough - but if a player is adamant about going and has just a year left on the contract and we also are in financial dire straits then there isnt a great deal we could do.

Would have been nice to have been able to hold onto him but a big EPL team comes calling and he is bound to want to jump at the chance.

2M plus another 1M of add ons sounds about right for such a young player with only a year left on his contract. If he'd played a successful half season for Man U he'd probably be worth at least four times as much but the reality is that Scottish football does not have the same pedigree any more.

2M plus another 1M of add ons sounds about right for such a young player with only a year left on his contract. If he'd played a successful half season for Man U he'd probably be worth at least four times as much but the reality is that Scottish football does not have the same pedigree any more.

Much as it would irk me to see such a good prospect go for such a small fee, I have to grudgingly agree.

Guest Flying Hippo

So what now for our defence? Bougie is a virtual certainty to leave and Weir is out of contract so Andy Webster is currently our only centre half

If Bougie goes, we need 2 centre halves

If Bougie and Weir both go, we need 3

This summer is going to put about 15 years on me, i can tell!

Looks like he's away then and can't say the fee is that bad given his age, contract and how many games he's played for us this year and the fact we're in the spl.

If Boogie goes then is it Weir and Webster for next season? I'd hope that any money generated through players leaving is made available to Smith and while our scouting seems to be poor at best, we seem to do ok at picking up centre halves.

Guest Flying Hippo
Looks like he's away then and can't say the fee is that bad given his age, contract and how many games he's played for us this year and the fact we're in the spl.

If Boogie goes then is it Weir and Webster for next season? I'd hope that any money generated through players leaving is made available to Smith and while our scouting seems to be poor at best, we seem to do ok at picking up centre halves.

The inevitable links with Tonel and Danny Shittu are, well, inevitable

May actually happen this time

Guest Flying Hippo
I won't be getting upset about losing a player who's had not even half a season in the first team for several millions...sounds alright to me. Next season, Weir and Broadfoot.

Broadfoot is offski by all accounts. He's only on �£3000 a week ('only' indeed) and isn't being offered a wage increase, so isn't accepting our offer

Without wanting to sound petty, i can't bring myself to wish him anything other than a Liam Miller-esque English career

Agreed. He can't ask for a better tutor than Weir.

Whats the point in having murray park where we develope our own talent only for them to fcuk off elsewhere???, very dissapointed as he could go down their and be wasted!

The point of Murray park id not to develop players for Rangers but to develop player we can sell. Sorry, but it's true.

On the whole, I believe players are either with us or fvck them.