Ellis Interest Re-iterated

OK then, everything NL has posted is the dogs and Ellis will be taking over before lunch, Messi, Ronaldo and Beckham will be arriving after the world cup and Alfio Basile will be the new manager.

How exactly does the debate get moved on, two of the main protaginists are now at apparent loggerheads, conducting a slanging match through the press, rather than simply providing clear guidance to the fans within allowed parameters, as to what is going on.

This debate and farce will move on in whichever direction, when Murray decides it will.

Read what I said again and refrain from the smart-arse comments please.

I specifically said by all means take Ellis' comments with a pinch of salt - just don't suggest N_L is doing anything other than providing us with the means to make up our mind on that in good faith.

except maybe the reason I gave you last time? the number was given in confidence, Ellis does not know where I got it from other than a 'mutual aquaintance'

Lets turn it around, can you give me one single good reason why I would give you his number?

Never mind turning anything around. If it was given to you in confidence then you can give it to me in confidence. If Ellis doesn't know where you got it from then you can't compromise your source unless you tell me who it was and I don't want to know.

What's your problem?

There is no point everyone falling out over this , the whole internet community is going nuts over what is the status quo , wit the exception of the entire Rangers management team and all directors ,bar Muir , walking out and leaving Muir to get on with it , we will just have to wait and keep believing .

There is no magical Rangers fan waiting in the wings , the thought that some group of super supporteres would put us out of our missery is a falsehood , we are where we are and hopefully this is as bad as it gets , but everyone just chill out

Never mind turning anything around. If it was given to you in confidence then you can give it to me in confidence. If Ellis doesn't know where you got it from then you can't compromise your source unless you tell me who it was and I don't want to know.

What's your problem?

I think it is rather unfair to expect N_L to send all and sundry Mr Ellis' phone number.

If you want it, I'm sure you can source it via means that wouldn't conflict with N_L's own virtue.

N_L:

Thanks for posting the information as always - it is appreciated.

For those that don't believe what Ellis says, then that is absolutely fair enough - after all I see no reason why Johnston would lie. However, I will not have aspirations cast on N_L for providing said information. He is doing so in good faith and has never suggested the information is correct or that he even is a supporter of Ellis. As such, it is rather unfair to infer he has been lying or is some sort of stooge.

Fortunately, on a place like Gersnet, the members are more than capable of making up their own mind on such matters and people who are less than constructive in their approach are more likely to look silly than anyone attempting to move the debate on.

You can't easily post lengthy articles asking for clarity and then chastise people for seeking to do the same. You're right it shouldn't involve abusing anyone but everything about this is blurred and shifting. NL is just one factor here and, since he chose to put himself forward in terms of his claimed contact with Ellis, it seems fair enough to me that others should be able to question those claims or seek confirmation. As you are no doubt aware, NL's claims are openly ridiculed on certain other websites and I for one would like to know if there's any basis for this.

He may be entirely genuine, he may be entirely inventive, or he may be being misled. I don't know which ... but I'd like to. Offers that involve me making a round trip of several hundred miles to listen to a phone conversation that could be anything may seem conclusive but, when you think about it, are quite pointless.

Where would NL be if his "source" hadn't shared the phone number with him? Presumably he'd have a considerably lower profile and less posts under his belt. Why should he be reluctant to allow corroboration of his claims in the same way as he came to be involved? Surely you or I calling that number would allow a great many Rangers supporters to gain some of the clarity you've been campaigning for.

What's your problem?

Would you give someone on the internet, a phone number given in confidence??

Seems like you are asking for an awful lot. Especially as the said person might realise who you got the number from.

Would you give someone on the internet, a phone number given in confidence??

Seems like you are asking for an awful lot. Especially as the said person might realise who you got the number from.

Why would that matter? Ellis already knows NL has the number and presumably makes the connection that he got it from somewhere. Why would possession of that number be such a sensitive matter? Why would we care so much if it is? Whose interests do we have at heart here?

You can't easily post lengthy articles asking for clarity and then chastise people for seeking to do the same. You're right it shouldn't involve abusing anyone but everything about this is blurred and shifting. NL is just one factor here and, since he chose to put himself forward in terms of his claimed contact with Ellis, it seems fair enough to me that others should be able to question those claims or seek confirmation. As you are no doubt aware, NL's claims are openly ridiculed on certain other websites and I for one would like to know if there's any basis for this.

He may be entirely genuine, he may be entirely inventive, or he may be being misled. I don't know which ... but I'd like to. Offers that involve me making a round trip of several hundred miles to listen to a phone conversation that could be anything may seem conclusive but, when you think about it, are quite pointless.

Where would NL be if his "source" hadn't share the phone number with him? Presumably he'd have a considerably loower profile and less posts under his belt. Why should he be reluctant to allow corroboration of his claims in the same way as he came to be involved? Surely you or I calling that number would allow a great many Rangers supporters to gain some of the clarity you've been campaigning for.

I'm not chastising anyone - just simply making it clear there is a difference between doubting Ellis' comments and/or inferring N_L is a liar.

I'm puzzled as to why anyone would think N_L is doing this to raise his profile? Why - for what reason? As far as I can see he had a decent profile on FF previous to this and wouldn't need to do anything to increase that. I'm also pretty certain he isn't being used by certain others either for a variety of reasons.

Finally, people can listen in on conversations without travelling to the same venue - for example, I'm sure you have the facility on your mobile or works phone to have a conference call. However, I agree with you in that isn't really the best way of gaining the trust of people. Neither is passing on the phone number IMO - but that is only my opinion.

Again, I'm not asking everyone to believe N_L or Ellis. But just refrain from stuff that spoils the debate for others who are interested.

:)

Didn't see the last 2 posts.

Maine......genuine question.

NL posts comments from AE on here, 2 hours later there are direct quotes from Ellis on News sources, confirming what NL has posted [also other quotes not posted].

I honestly fail to see what NL has done wrong.