Ellis Interest Re-iterated

Even direct comments I've seen from the last month or so have been recycled numerous times as regards our ownership, Ellis and even the tax issue. Not sure why we're spending so much time analysing them to the nth degree or looking for connections/flaws. There's really nothing for us to go on until someone like Ellis makes a full statement.

Even some of the stuff from Johnston in response to Ellis has been spun by the tabloids in to the usual way to make it look more interesting than it actually is. I read something like "Johnston hits back" in front of a comment which was not controversial in any sense of the word.

I'm guessing in the real world Ellis' people have spoken to Lloyds/MIH people and things are going from there. And I think unless you have prior dealings with a company, this is how things are supposed to happen.

Zappa - I think there's a lot of things going on here. SDM disappearing in to the background hasn't helped, but when it comes to takeovers, there are a lot of rules and regs in place to protect both parties. We just have to be patient. Unfortunately, it looks like there's been major shit-stirring from everyone else who with a vested interest in the outcome and much of that has been done through our media who are obsessed with the OF at the best of times. This is like Christmas time for them, they're loving it and having to do no work at all to get stories to run and re-run based on the smallest bits of info from sources and forums.

Edited by ascender

I posted that over on FF I reckon they will now be changing their email addresses as I type :whistle:

Must admit, I found that part of the King article rather mischievous... :whistle:

The fact that the Ellis press release 2 hours after NL's forum post was word for word what NL posted that Ellis had told him in a phone call actually seems a bit odd to me, almost as if Ellis was reading from the press release. I guess that's entirely possible if Ellis regards NL as a web journo.

The press release was word for word the same as notes taken from a phone call? :confused:

Guest Northampton_loyalist
The press release was word for word the same as notes taken from a phone call? :confused:

It wasnt word for word and his press release contained a few things that he didnt say to me. It is more than feasable that he called me back knowing he would be speaking to journalists later and so just told me the same as he was going to say to them. More than feasable in fact and highly likely.