Ellis Interest Re-iterated

Wee darrell chuntering away, but very carefully this time.... http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/time-for-talking-is-over-rangers-need-to-be-handed-control-of-own-destiny-1.1028924

""Today, he also states he has never spoken to Sir David Murray, and it’s now well known that he has had no dialogue with Smith or Johnston.""

Jings crivens help ma boab !!!!

Edited by wabashcannonball

The fact that the Ellis press release 2 hours after NL's forum post was word for word what NL posted that Ellis had told him in a phone call actually seems a bit odd to me, almost as if Ellis was reading from the press release. I guess that's entirely possible if Ellis regards NL as a web journo.

Another excellent observation. Something is nagging at me that this is all just way too conveniently scripted ... and I don't just mean this particular statement.

Another excellent observation. Something is nagging at me that this is all just way too conveniently scripted ... and I don't just mean this particular statement.

To me, this whole thing between AJ and Ellis could have been planned (or scripted as you put it) as a spanner in the works of a deal that was never actually going to happen because it was never intended to. I doubt we'll ever know the truth, but the whole thing stinks. I've never for one minute believed that Ellis would buy the club and as time goes on my mind hasn't been changed, no matter what Ellis has said or who he's said it to.

Murray said The Chairmans remit was to find a buyer. Yet Johnson says he is not allowed to contact Ellis.

Will someone please enlighten me.

Was it Murray who said that, or Johnson? Either way, it seems to me that Muir is doing the spadework here, not Johnson.

Apart from anything else, AJ seems to make requests for things to be done, writes some nice wee memos and the like, but is too far away and has too little real influence to be effective in said role.

I don't think there's any reason why Ellis would have to speak to our Chairman other than out of common courtesy as I'm guessing Lloyds/MIH have their front men who would be a first point of contact. Johnston's comments over the last few days seem to be his way of asking Ellis to "put up or shut up" or at least make contact with him to let him know what's going on.

Some people have been against Ellis from day one for the reasons of he's a property developer, his past involvement with football clubs and/or "just a feeling". Truth is we know as much about his intentions for the club, motivation etc as we do about why some of the current "Rangers men" like King and Park haven't made a bid and them, possibly other individuals within our club are content to sit and spread rumours to the tabloids at every turn.

I understand how fans can have favourites when it comes to players, to the point where their admiration blinds them from seeing any of their failures, but I'm really amazed at how people are being so selective when it comes to what and who they choose to believe in the ownership saga.

The person to whom Ellis claims to be talking to at Ibrox shouldn't be Muir, not at least in his role as a Rangers director....so who could it possibly be....

The Independent Directors exclude

Mike McGill and Donald Muir who are connected to MIH, and so have a potential

conflict of interest, and Dave King and Paul Murray about whose intentions

there has been past speculation that could lead to a perception of a possible

conflict of interest.

Murray said The Chairmans remit was to find a buyer. Yet Johnson says he is not allowed to contact Ellis.

Will someone please enlighten me.

You're not the only one that would like enlightened. What is the point of AJ being our Chairman in these times? AJ had a long time (YEARS!) before he took the role of Chairman where he should have found a buyer if he was able to do that.

Too many things don't add up, don't make sense.

- The club are supposedly in an extremely testing financial period at best or a period of crisis at worst and so is SDM's MIH, so what does SDM do? He cuts himself off from the club & disappears! I'd like to believe that he did this in the best interests of Rangers FC, but there's a chance that he didn't....

- A new Chairman is appointed who conveniently lives thousands of miles away and only pops over for a day or two here and a day or two there?? This one has baffled me ever since AJ's appointment. I just don't get it. In these times I'd have thought we need a Chairman that is devoting most if not ALL of his time to the club, not someone fleeting in and out now and again.

- The Chairmans remit was to find a buyer.

- Ellis enters the picture as a potential buyer and apparently jets off to Africa to conduct due diligence.

- Johnson now says he is not allowed to contact Ellis.

- Johnson says he has tried to arrange 2 meetings with Ellis, despite the fact that he says he is not allowed to contact Ellis.. He also says he is doubtful of the Ellis deal.

- Ellis says deal is still on (not for the first time) and denies any meetings being scheduled or requested.

Strange contradictions creeping in or is it just mischief making in the media?

Maybe someone can fill in the blanks here. There's a lot of them to fill.