I was talking to a director of Motherwell FC today and he was telling me that if we beat Celtic on Tuesday night then on the Wednesday it'll be announced that we're going into administration and docked 10 points. The docking of 10 points doesn't affect us being champions.

Don't ask what if Celtic win because I didn't get time to ask him that.

Thought I'd just fling that into the mixing bowl.

Guest Flying Hippo

There's no way we could get away with doing it. They would be carried over til next season and we'd start the season on -10 points

Also, i may be wrong here but aren't teams in administration barred from playing in European competition?

Also Also, what exactly would be the benefits of us going into administration right now? Given that we could earn �£15 million in transfer funds in 2 months time by selling Wilson, McGregor, Bougherra and Davis? Administration would mean getting virtually nothing for them. Leeds sold Paul Robinson to Tottenham for just �£1 million when they were in admin, such is how it affects player values

Edited by Flying Hippo

Flying Hippo is correct apart from the European aspect. I believe you aren't allowed to APPLY for a European licence if you're in administration. Something we already have.

That isn't how administration works. It's a punishment that you can't just get out of because you happen to be 10 points clear.

Guest Flying Hippo
Well, a Motherwell director would know. I suggest you name the chap so we can ask him ourselves.

It's hardly a novel claim either. Kerrydale Street have been announcing for weeks that we would go into administration once we were more than 10 points clear.