Anyone slightly concerned that the league isn't actually over?

Guest Flying Hippo

Put it this way, would you swap our place for their's?

exactly, if we can't win the league from here then the players should all be shot :devil:

we will win tomorrow and get it before the last game of season for party time :spl:

Guest Flying Hippo
We should have wrapped the league up already. As I say time and time again I'm not sure if people realise just how dreadful Celtic are.

I agree

Our record last season was Played 38, Won 26, Drew 8, Lost 4

Currently this season we're on Played 33, Won 23, Drew 8, Lost 2

So unless we pick up 9 points from our last 5 games, we'll have gone down on last season's point tally. We haven't substantially improved, Celtic have substantially declined.

Edited by Flying Hippo

I agree

So unless we pick up 9 points from our last 5 games, we'll have gone down on last season's point tally. We haven't substantially improved, Celtic have substantially declined.

League Winners and points totals since the league split has been introduced.

Season Winner Points

08/09 Rangers 86

07/08 Celtic 89

06/07 Celtic 84

05/06 Celtic 91

04/05 Rangers 93

03/04 Celtic 98

02/03 Rangers 97

01/02 Celtic 103

00/01 Celtic 97

The 3 wins you speak of would be us on a par with points totals of the last 4/5 years but shows an obvious decline in points totals to the 4 or 5 years prior to that. I think with the downsizing we've been doing since Eck took over from Advocaat it is obvious we have seen a reduction in quality but I don't buy into the talk of it being the worst team every time we win it. This team will be no worse than the other league winners of the last 5 years or so.

I also think it's a bit daft to suggest that we're only top because Celtic are poor (not that I accuse you of that FH but it has been said). As I say, we're on course for a total similar to that of other recent champions so that arguement holds no water with me.

We can and need to improve, but we're doing ok atm.

Edit: Ps Just checked a few of the last 3rd places with points being 59, 60 and 65.

With United already being on 59 and Hibs (on 50) having a cracking season perhaps its fair to say that it's been harder to collect points from the best of the rest this season compared to recent seasons?

Edited by Super_Ally

Guest Flying Hippo

One area where we've improved is our ability to win strings of games on the bounce. Only twice last season did we actually manage to win 3 games in a row, which sounds unthinkable but is actually true

I am not in the least bit concerned.

Although we talk about needing 5 points to win the title the reality is that should we win tomorrow we will only have to avoid defeat against Celtic to win it. 5 games and , given our far superior goal difference (we are 23 goals to the good) we effectively need 2 draws to win the league if one of them is against Celtic......

The Tims are absolutely awful right now and I would be very disappointed if we left the mechanodome with anything less than a draw (I would actually be disappointed with a draw too to be honest).

We have enough in our locker to beat each and every team we come up against in the remainder of the season. I dont expect us to win all 5 games but I certainly expect us to pick up the 5 points necessary (2 points if we draw with Celtic).

When you also factor in the likelihood that the Tims will also still drop points I am not nervous at all. In fact, I suspect that, even with just 4 games to go for them, that we could play no further games and we would still win - Celtic are just as likely to lose a game as they are to win one right now.

I agree

I still think we will pick up 3 wins so it won't be as worse as last season, obviously we haven't improved in squad depth, in fact we have lost depth but we have kept a team together and no had a mid season overhaul like them.