PAPAC booking at Tannadice incurs two-match suspension

More...

THE SFA have confirmed Sasa Papac will miss the final Old Firm derby of the season after he was booked against Dundee United last night.

Bosnian defender Papac picked up his seventh SPL yellow card of the campaign in the 0-0 draw at Tannadice.

Having been on 17 disciplinary points before the game, the caution takes him over the 18-point mark which incurs a suspension.

Under normal circumstances, he would only miss the first game which comes a minimum of 14 days on from the bookable offence and that's the return trip to Tayside on May 1.

But because he also went over the threshold last term, when he was booked four times and sent off against Kilmarnock, he has incurred an extra one-game ban.

Papac will now also miss the game against Celtic at Parkhead on May 4, which means Stevie Smith could play in the derby for the last time that night.

Losing Papac is a blow but his form has been patchy of late.

Will be interesting to see if Smith is brought immediately into the team to bed him in for those fixtures.

Guest Flying Hippo

Aye it'll almost certainly be Whittaker at left back and Broadfoot at right back. Walter doesn't fancy Smith, he's started him at left back about 5 times in 3 years

Aye it'll almost certainly be Whittaker at left back and Broadfoot at right back. Walter doesn't fancy Smith, he's started him at left back about 5 times in 3 years

i like stevie smith and feel he should have been given a run of games to prove his worth. He turned a difficult game against hearts in our favour and got dropped like a stone. Whoever gets this boy next will be winning a watch.

Guest Flying Hippo

He'll end up at someone like Cardiff, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if it was Cardiff themselves, and he'll do a half decent job. Not really Rangers quality though.

He'll end up at someone like Cardiff, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if it was Cardiff themselves, and he'll do a half decent job. Not really Rangers quality though.

Smith was at one time a better prospect than hutton and was on the verge of a scotland call up before injury blighted his career. I thought that given the time effort and money that was utilised getting him back to match fitness someone would have had the savvy to actually give him a chance to realise the potential he showed earlier in his career. Infact it is beggars belief that he didnt get the oppertunity.

i would certainly take a chance on him.