McGhee fears for future

You have to feel for the big fella

Desperately hoped that Celtic would offer him the job. Took the Aberdeen job knowing that a 3rd or 4th place finish would probably be enough to make him first (cheapest) choice when Mogga got the bullet, and instead he's actually doing a worse job than Ebbe Skovdahl

Too true, Doctor but as we know, it will just be like the Dandy Dons to lift their game when they visit Ibrox again early next month...

Would also be very good for us if they don't make the top 6 given our deplorable record at Pittodrie in recent years.

Yeah i'm glad that they're unlikely to make the top 6 as Pittodrie (like Fir Park) is a ground where i just know before the game has even kicked off that we're incredibly unlikely to win, for whatever reason

In order to make sure we play 19 at home and 19 away though we'll either have to go to Tynecastle, Fir Park, or Tannadice 3 times

I'd love him to stay in the job for a while longer, firstly because he's dragging Aberdeen back to the Skovdahl era, and secondly because everything that comes out of his mouth is just gold. What an absolute dick, McGhee and Abergreen - a match made in heaven.

• 2 weeks later...
Mark McGhee believes he will be sacked unless Aberdeen show a vast improvement on their mediocre campaign.

More...

No shit sherlock.

I don't know why Aberdeen fans have such high expectations given just how long ago it was when they were successful. I think Jimmy Calderwood was doing a good job considering what was at his disposal.

McGhee doesn't help himself at all though, some of his comments have been priceless, just how stupid is he?

Mike.

Calderwood had loads of top 6 finishes and Mcghee probably won't get one. Plus Calderwood did quite well in Europe, Mcghee, well haha.

Aberdeen are still living in the past and think they are a top side, they average at best but some how always perform against us at their ground.

What I hear from the Aberdeen fans its Calderwood's side and its like the tims with Mowbray and Strachan.