Scotland vs Faroes

He's getting a hard press at the moment - some of it justified. Yesterday's goal will probably be the start of his season proper. Can see him getting a few goals for the manky tims this season but I don't think he'll ever set the heather alight.

He was one of ou better players yesterday I thought. The way he skinned the RB and his ball to Fletcher at the back post was very good.

He then assisted the 2nd too with a nice pull-down.

Any criticism of his this morning is very harsh IMO.

Walter Smith seems to be the first manager in a long time who can get the national team to actually play minnows like they are minnows instead of teams to be feared.

The number of excruciating games we've had over the years against the likes of the Faroes and San Marino etc, not to mention losing to countries who should be below us like the Balkans and other former soviet states, makes you cringe.

I look forward to the day that we thrash every minnow, give lesser countries a football lesson, mostly beat our peers and give the big guns a good run for their money.