Magician Messi Destroys Arsenal.

What a game this turned out to be honestly, that wee guy messi completed his hatrick with a goal which i can only describe as magical and then scored his forth goal 4 mins from time as barcelona ran out 4-1 winners against arsenal!!

Beware Jose & Co :)

The way he played tonight he was unplayable. Arsenal defending was poor but he still was a genius tonight.

Even at 22 he is one of the all-time greats. He could have had 6 tonight, and also had enough time to create a very decent chance or two as well.

Gutted for Arsenal, but Barcelona are a very special team.

From someone who hadn't had the privilege of truly witnessing Messi at his best, last night's first half was a treat.

He was genuinely incredible, and I finally saw what the fuss is about.

It's one thing doing it in the exhibition of La Liga, where space big enough to fit the Titanic through is afforded, but doing it in the CL against the likes of Vermaelen and Silvestre is another thing entirely.

Arsenal weren't good enough - that was clear over the two legs, but Barcelona own the greatest football generation dynasty - Xavi, 30, Iniesta, 25, Messi, 22.

They own the 3 best players on earth.

From someone who hadn't had the privilege of truly witnessing Messi at his best, last night's first half was a treat.

He was genuinely incredible, and I finally saw what the fuss is about.

It's one thing doing it in the exhibition of La Liga, where space big enough to fit the Titanic through is afforded, but doing it in the CL against the likes of Vermaelen and Silvestre is another thing entirely.

Arsenal weren't good enough - that was clear over the two legs, but Barcelona own the greatest football generation dynasty - Xavi, 30, Iniesta, 25, Messi, 22.

They own the 3 best players on earth.

And to think Iniesta was on the bench last night.

You just needed to look at the bench last night to see the difference in quality & depth between the two sides.

Arsenal bench : Fabianski, Campbell, Traore, Eboue, Merida, Eduardo, Eastwood

Barcelona bench : Pinto, Maxwell, Toure, Iniesta, Fontas, Jeffren, Henry

Toure, Iniesta & Henry would all have definitely made Arsenal's starting XI last night.

But, that said, even given the scoreline, Arsenal coped pretty well with Barcelona.... Messi apart. Just an amazing, incredible talent - and at 22 has the world, literally, at his feet.

What impressed me most about him last night was that, even in tight situations with 3 players around him he somehow always knew exactly what to do. Wenger got it right when he said that Messi is the best player on the planet. Seeing that performance last night was a joy to behold and he has absolutely everything in his locker.

Anyone seen his stats ? I just looked on wiki and his stats are amazing.

In 2008-09 he played 51 games, scoring 38 goals with 18 assists.

In 2009-10 he has played 42 games, scoring 39 goals with 10 assists.

Those stats are simply incredible - especially for a guy who I dont really consider a striker, I think of him more as the attacking mid who sits just behind the striker(s).