When are the rules, not the rules?

With the new ruling the linesman tend not to flag until a player deemed to be in (or have come from) an offside position attempts to play the ball. Hence that could be why the flag does not go up until he attempts to play it. Not seen it again to verify your version of events in any case, but if you are right my explanation could be why the flag goes up when it does.

Whether or not the linesman flagged the wrong player is irrelevant really anyway. All that matters is the right decision was made, however they got there.

Maybe so mate. It seems a good call to me. Thomas definitely looked offside when the ball was chipped in.

I note that Craig Patterson on Sportscene had NO hesitation is stating that the goal was LEGITIMATELY flagged for offside.

Compare and contrast with Liam McLeod's hysterica OVERDUBBINGS on an EDITED compiled montage?

Patterson is one of us though.

Patterson is one of us though.

Yes, but Paterson is also pretty fair in his analysis and isn't afraid to say when Rangers have benefited from a dubious decision (e.g. Utd at Ibrox) or players have deserved to be sent off (CIS Final).

Yes, but Paterson is also pretty fair in his analysis and isn't afraid to say when Rangers have benefited from a dubious decision (e.g. Utd at Ibrox) or players have deserved to be sent off (CIS Final).

Let's hope he doesn't end up at the SFA then :D