Richard Gough - STV

BTW, for me Richard Gough is Rangers' greatest ever player. So there! :cool:

I think that is generation cast. I would say Baxter and Tom Forsyth(as Favourite defender), I am sure my father would say Geordie young, Willie Woodburn Willie Waddle etc.

I will admit on not seeing a lot of Gough though as i lived in Holland in that period and i did not have the communication possibilities i do today. I was mostly trying to get a tranny to pick up a weak signal in those day's. I even sat out in the car on many European nights as the car radio seemed to have the best signal. The neighbours thought i was crazy.( Nothing changed there then.)

Oh, definitely a generation thing mate - I never got to see guys like Greig and Jardine for example so can't really comment on them.

For modern players though, Gough is the man - he's easily dismissed in favour of Laudrup, Gascoigne or Goram but IMO was better than them all.

:)

I agrre Frankie I think for mosy guys(and gals :) under 30 Goughie is an absolute Legend. It is right about the generation thing too because my Dad and I quite otten have conversations about players in certain positions but he tends to pick different guys because that's the players that he grew up with. Gough certainly wouldn't be far from top of the list in my all time greats

Oh, definitely a generation thing mate - I never got to see guys like Greig and Jardine for example so can't really comment on them.

For modern players though, Gough is the man - he's easily dismissed in favour of Laudrup, Gascoigne or Goram but IMO was better than them all.

:)

I also think that as a young teenager people tend to idolise players more whereas when you are older you tend to look more critically at them. (This is not critique on your reply Frankie just a generalisation)

I also think that as a young teenager people tend to idolise players more whereas when you are older you tend to look more critically at them. (This is not critique on your reply Frankie just a generalisation)

Very fair point mate... :)