I think it would be more like �£2million per year if he moved to Brum - especially since he's available on a free.

The �£18K we've supposedly offered him is pretty good so I can't see that going up at all. As such it is up to the lad now.

I think it would be more like �£2million per year if he moved to Brum - especially since he's available on a free.

The �£18K we've supposedly offered him is pretty good so I can't see that going up at all. As such it is up to the lad now.

Graeme Macpherson

0 comments

Published on 1 Apr 2010

KRIS BOYD is set to leave Rangers for Birmingham City this summer after the Barclays Premier League club reportedly offered the striker a contract worth �£1m a year.

Boyd�s deal at Ibrox expires at the end of the season and he has spent the best part of the last two months mulling over a possible extension.

The 26-year-old has regularly made noises about prolonging his stay at Rangers but it seems his head has been turned by Birmingham�s offer and will move to St Andrews where he will be reunited with Alex McLeish, the man who signed him for Rangers from Kilmarnock, and Barry Ferguson, his former Ibrox team-mate.

Rangers are now faced with the prospect of losing one of their key players for nothing just a year after Birmingham bid Ã?£3.5m to sign Boyd but were rebuffed by the player. ââ?¬Å?A contract offer was made to Kris quite some time ago and he hasnââ?¬â?¢t come back to anyone at the club to say he wishes to sign the contract he was offered, or even ask for more money,ââ?¬Â said an Ibrox insider.

ââ?¬Å?At the time, he was informed the offer made was as much as Rangers could stretch to. But obviously that will still fall short of the other offers from English clubs because of the financial resources down there.ââ?¬Â

Boyd is one of six Rangers players out of contract. Steven Smith and Nacho Novo are also expected to leave in the summer, while uncertainty surrounds the futures of David Weir, DaMarcus Beasley and Kirk Broadfoot. Rangers are also expected to consider any reasonable offers for Kyle Lafferty.

My 1mill was taken from this article in the Herald that WBC posted.

The 'I'm just focused on the big games coming up' will only satisfy me to a degree. Fair enough he doesn't want to worry about it but if he is genuine about staying, you would have thought he would instruct his agent to go an do the deal so that he can then announce that he's staying for another 3 years (or whatever). I think that would settle things in his mind, for that is what I perceive to be his biggest weakness.

I wouldn't hold too much stock by the figures that the press are quoting on wages , your as well trying to find a needle in a haystack as get to the truth on wages .

I agree with Frankie I think there will be a major change in personnel , as much for their sake as ours , you can only take them to the well so many times before they run out of fight and this lot deserve our unstinting gratitude for winning this league and the finances it brings with it .

Our saving grace for next year is the absolute shambles that our counterparts across the city find themselves in not just at present but when it comes to rebuilding as the majority of their squad are either on loan or no where near good enough .

I wouldn't hold too much stock by the figures that the press are quoting on wages , your as well trying to find a needle in a haystack as get to the truth on wages .

I agree with Frankie I think there will be a major change in personnel , as much for their sake as ours , you can only take them to the well so many times before they run out of fight and this lot deserve our unstinting gratitude for winning this league and the finances it brings with it .

Our saving grace for next year is the absolute shambles that our counterparts across the city find themselves in not just at present but when it comes to rebuilding as the majority of their squad are either on loan or no where near good enough .

We are offering just under �£1m per annum on basic pay, �£18k a week so about �£936k a year, with add ons such as appearance and goal bonues that would be over �£1m a year. That wouldn't be a huge pay rise as earlier stories report that Birmingham were going to offer double his wages. In summary he wouldn't leave us if he was going to get the same pay as we are offering.