everyone here seems to have a second english team...

No, no favourite English team. Usually the underdog. Born with Rangers in my heart. I do feel though, that indeed with the coverage of the EPL many of the next generation may favour to support an EPL team.

I've always had an English team that I liked, but it's never been a consistent team like supporting the Gers. I've liked the teams playing the best football, those with Scottish connections and the underdog - last year it was Wigan, this year it's Reading! In times past it's been Everton (Andy Gray and Graeme Sharpe), Liverpool (with Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Nicol, Gillespie) MAn Utd in 1999 when they were the sexiest attacking team around and Chelsea under Gullit and Vialli.

I've always had an English team that I liked, but it's never been a consistent team like supporting the Gers. I've liked the teams playing the best football, those with Scottish connections and the underdog - last year it was Wigan, this year it's Reading! In times past it's been Everton (Andy Gray and Graeme Sharpe), Liverpool (with Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Nicol, Gillespie) MAn Utd in 1999 when they were the sexiest attacking team around and Chelsea under Gullit and Vialli.

That sums up a mostly how i feel although i have never really been keen on the London teams, i always hoped they get gubbed. I followed how Leeds were doing for a while because i had family there. I also hated Manu because i thought they were the tims of England, but now we are working with them and Cammy pointed out a bit about their history, i will mellow how i feel about them.I still hope they get gubbed by the underdogs though.:D

Don't support any English team and never have. I was amazed when I moved to a new school in Saltcoats when I was 10, that my new peers were all into West Ham, Liverpool and Man U. I just couldn't understand it when we had a perfectly good Scottish league at the time and most of my previous friends were either Rangers or Celtic.

I also don't like it when Scots buy Sky sports to watch the premiership as every one that does, devalues Scottish football. If every Scot refused to buy Sky sports without Scottish football in it, you can bet your house that Sky would be breaking down the door to give the SPL a decent deal - but at the moment there is no need to.

The weirdest bit for me is a Rangers fan I know here that has Sky Sports but not Setanta... Just don't understand it as it's not as if you can even go to the pub to watch it down here even though the English pubs receive it.

They rarely show Scottish football and it's sometimes so bad here that I remember having to walk out a pub after a big argument as a Scotland game was starting straight after an England game finished, on another channel but the English refused to let us change the channel - as they wanted to watch the analysis of the English game!

It's also hard for me to have any soft spot for an English team when they all seem to have at least one fan I've met who is disparaging to Rangers and Scottish football.