So would you sign up for it?

No, I wouldn't support anything which had the RST involved.

That's an issue that the RST need to address. They have to face that there is a degree of mistrust/dislike and them being solely driving it will put a lot of people off and lose the scheme a lot of investment.

I also saw it suggested that joining investing in the scheme would mean that you would automatically become a member of the RST. This would also put people off.

Whatever scheme that the RST develops needs to be operated outside of the RST.

Perhaps the ideal would be to go for a 50/50 model with the "sugar daddy".

20,000 people paying �£150 then �£10 a year for 5 years seems very doable for raising �£15M. �£3M up front and 2.4M per year to pay off debt. If a sugar daddy could underwrite it and match it himself, making �£6M up front and 4.8M a year to pay of the debt.

That should make owning half of Rangers pretty affordable for a sugar daddy and the fans. I'd go for that.

Giving 6M to SDM for his shares, then adding the usual 1M payment towards the debt plus interest from the Rangers accounts would mean the debt would be paid off in 5 years at 5.8M per year plus interest, which should satisfy the bank if it is guaranteed by the businessman.

Shame it's unlikely we could get 40k doing that - full fan ownership and debt free in 5 years...

Before worrying too much about the arithmetic, we need to answer the question 'why' first. What is this money to be harvested for? Is it to own the club - or to pay off the debt - or to buy players - or what?

Even if you did believe it possible, raising �£30m won't in itself cure the problems at Rangers. It won't make Rangers profitable or even take us to breakeven. It won't win trophies and it won't buy better players. It might take us out of the hands of MIH/SDM but what then?

What's the payback for all this money? Will we be more secure, more safe, more successful? And if the answer is yes, then the follow-on question is ..... how?

Aye, the question over profitability bothers me. I think deep down we like to think that if we just done the business stuff right - I mean, we all pay a fortune dont we? - we would turn a profit. If we just somehow appealed to our global brand etc. I dont think for a minute if it were possible to turn a profit SDM wouldnt have done it already. Maybe it owuld be possible to turn a profit but not compete for some years - dont think that would be acceptable. So the question remains - how will buying players be financed? What happens when we need to write off more debt? etc