RST involved in new takeover bid?

We'll never know since he seem so reticent when it comes to publicity...

Perhaps he was never overly keen anyway so his potential as a buyer or underwriter overplayed?

No matter, it now looks likes like Ellis or no-one - until such time Dave King sorts out his SARS problem.

I've come across McColl and his team a couple of times and he didn't seem to avoid publicity when it suited him. What I think he will do is avoid pointless publicity.

I've come across McColl and his team a couple of times and he didn't seem to avoid publicity when it suited him. What I think he will do is avoid pointless publicity.

I can understand business people wanting to keep negotiations/plans private until such time they are appropriate for debate as they wouldn't want premature, imperfect stuff spoiling their reputation.

However, I'd have though the chances of such stuff leaking were always reasonably high, so can't understand why a strategy wasn't set-up in the event of this happening - as opposed to saying, that's it; I'm off!

Of course, I'm no businessman - successful or otherwise - so my opinion is probably without much value! :(

I'd even settle for hearing directly from the RST.:fish:

Unfortunately, McColl pulling out may mean the RST's chances of working with other potential buyers (or their representatives) are minimal.

Unless, of course, McColl hasn't pulled out at all but only suggested as much to put some off the scent... :whistle:

If that's the case, I assume Mr McColl will be changing who he conducts his financial business with, if his advisers or bank leaked the information. Wonder who he banks with...? :whistle:

I must admit I find him stepping back just because his name has been prematurely mentioned a bit disappointing. That and his haste to mention the Partick Thistle stuff means perhaps he wasn't the best person to be involved anyway.

Frankie, we were told by the person's representatives that any leak and all bets were off.

Frankie, we were told by the person's representatives that any leak and all bets were off.

Rather harsh on you guys if the leak didn't come from the Trust.

I assume you've made contact since the weekend to find out if his interest has indeed ended. If so, while I understand his thoughts are to be respected, I hope he gave you the respect of a full explanation why he pulled out as expecting to keep anonymity is pretty unrealistic IMO.

Who is "theperson" who is the persons rep, or is that another RST piece of information not to be shared with the plebs, whom they appear to claim to represent, rather presumptious wouldn't one say.

I said 'the person' as it was not confirmed to us who it was. Also, the SH article said who was representing him.