RST involved in new takeover bid?

I've just posted the whole article on the RST thread....... but I guess you already read it.

I don't loiter there to long maineflyer, you get a better class of slagging in here, as for the article it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, sort of no smoke without mirrors..what was that song , Here comes the mirrorman ? :)

I don't loiter there to long maineflyer, you get a better class of slagging in here, as for the article it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, sort of no smoke without mirrors..what was that song , Here comes the mirrorman ? :)

N, it was ....... Smoke Gets In Your Eyes:)

Slagging the RST for the press getting it wrong?

There has been an almost hightened state of panic over a few of the fans sites that this might actually happen , the dislike of the RST seems more than the dislike of Murray , and the good of the club seems secondary to a whole raft of people whilst they play out their wee petty war , very sad IMHO.

There is a whole difference between constructve critisicm and absolute hatred , some just haven't worked it out yet , and before any one gets annoyed that's not aimed at anyone on this site .

There has been an almost hightened state of panic over a few of the fans sites that this might actually happen , the dislike of the RST seems more than the dislike of Murray , and the good of the club seems secondary to a whole raft of people whilst they play out their wee petty war , very sad IMHO.

There is a whole difference between constructve critisicm and absolute hatred , some just haven't worked it out yet , and before any one gets annoyed that's not aimed at anyone on this site .

To be honest, I don't think it is true of any site mate.

Yes, you'll always get your more vocal and less constructive posters on every site - those for and against the RST actually - but I find the suggestion actual sites are against the RST flawed.

These suggestions are merely an easy get-out clause for the Trust to avoid debate on such places. I certainly don't blame them for wanting to stay away from obtuse people intent on division but the generalisation that is permitted to happen about whole sites is just as false unfortunately.

On-topic, obviously McColl distancing himself is a blow to the Trust (and should be to all of us who are interested in fan ownership) but I'm certainly still want to hear what they have to say on the matter. Hopefully their statement will be ready today.

:)

Edited by Frankie

Another link on the subject - talking of Celtic fans brokering a deal and splits on Trust board opinion with regard to this:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/03/30/rangers-takeover-backer-david-low-is-celtic-fan-behind-90s-parkhead-rescue-86908-22148177/

The quotes in that are months old. Half this story was peddled out last year. However it'll be interesting to see if the RST have had any dealings with him.