Mowbray had another dig...

Rangers have been very consistent - they haven't lost four goals in any game," said Mowbray.

"They set up differently - maybe that's the way to go.

"Maybe it isn't a league for trying to force the game and be expansive - maybe it is a league for playing defensive, negative football and having quality up front to counter-attack."

The pressure has revealed Mowbray's lack of class and this comment typifies it. Very disrespectful and also delusional on the way that he thinks his team have been playing.

The pressure has revealed Mowbray's lack of class and this comment typifies it. Very disrespectful and also delusional on the way that he thinks his team have been playing.

Agreed. You have to wonder about his future career prospects. What club is going to take a chance on a guy who has failed so miserably at Celtic, and who hardly won rave reviews for his time at West Brom? I can see him taking a job in relative obscurity (League 1/ League 2 or similar) and it may take some time for him to build back up a level where he would be considered for a job at a good-sized club, if at all.

He said very similar things when his West Brom side failed to stay in the EPL. It's never his fault and his so called 'expansive', 'exciting' football, just doesn't fit in with the style of game in the top tier leagues in Britain.... You have to laugh.

Bwahahaha.... :D

Let it be Frankie, some of us take the words of Mr Struth, John Lawrence, George Young and Captain Cutlass rather more to heart, if others prefer the more "pragmatic" approach of Smith, Which Bluedell so pragmatically broke down after the DU game, highlighting the contradictions of rest etc, so be it.

My opinion of Smith is well known, the SPL is his level, as far as tactics go he is not at the races, a competent manager in his sphere sprinkled with liberal doses of luck, as said previously we had better players, but the inability to utilise them properly led to a team of cluggers in DU beating us, perhaps just as bad was the failure to negate the way DU played. Losing is one thing, losing to an inferior team because of failure to deploy resources in the best manner is another thing, pragmatism ? you can keep it, I will settle for simple winning.

The ethos of John Lawrence will do for me ââ?¬Å? Rangers cannot, and never shall be, second best.ââ?¬Â

What a load of crap. That makes EVERY rangers manager who's lost a game a failure - ergo EVERY Rangers manager. So Struth et al are failures who couldn't win every game? (except once of course)

That John Lawrence quote is pathetic. How can Rangers never be second best? That means not only that we must win every game but also that we must have won every game up to now. What nonsense.

Webash that's the most arrogantly stupid philosophy I've ever heard and by logic you must be a complete and utter failure by your own standards. I very much doubt you are the best at anything and so, sir, by your own words you are a complete failure.

There is no such thing as perfection and to judge anyone as a failure for the slightest blemish is just pathetic and not worth listening to.

All teams lose sometime, it's the nature of the game and to lose to the third best team in the country with a weakened team in only the second domestic loss in about 38 games is hardly a disgrace.

Wabash may be no Tim but I think I'd much rather listen to their crap than to his.

Like that great failure John Lawrence espoused ââ?¬Å? Rangers cannot, and never shall be, second best.ââ?¬Â apparently you are unable to understand the meaning of that phrase, so admirably held to down through the years, business is for business men, winning football matches and cups is for players as delegated to by managers. Rangers FC is first and foremost a football club. :spl:

Yet another baffling post. No offence mate but you've been challenged on your point of view and you haven't answered any of it. Are you perhaps a politician?

All I can think of reading your post is ...... what the hell are you getting so upset about? If you don't like his responses, why don't you just stop reading them? If you want to challenge his point then do so but why the personal attacks?

I thought this was a place where people were free to post their opinions, in words of their choice, without being attacked in the way that wabash has been over the last day or so. To play your own game, maybe you could explain exactly why it is that you're sufficiently worthy that you can ladle out criticism of others.

All I can think of reading your post is ...... what the hell are you getting so upset about? If you don't like his responses, why don't you just stop reading them? If you want to challenge his point then do so but why the personal attacks?

I thought this was a place where people were free to post their opinions, in words of their choice, without being attacked in the way that wabash has been over the last day or so. To play your own game, maybe you could explain exactly why it is that you're sufficiently worthy that you can ladle out criticism of others.

Firstly, I would hardley say I'm getting upset, but rather agreeing with much of Calscot's post and disappointed Wabash has not responded to any of it. That is his prerogative, but its also mine to think it is baffling. Secondly, I can see why the post can be viewed as a personal attack and for that I apologise.

In relation to your challenge of me, and to paraphrase your own words... this is a place where people are free to post their opinions, in words of their choice.

Calm down chaps, in the words of that great politician ...me... it's only a game, but it used to be our game, ah for the halcyon days of kerry-oots, pissin on the terraces, gettin drookit when the heavens opened, and not a poser in sight, you've never had it so good ! :spl: they think it's all over it was weeks ago..:box:

He said very similar things when his West Brom side failed to stay in the EPL. It's never his fault and his so called 'expansive', 'exciting' football, just doesn't fit in with the style of game in the top tier leagues in Britain.... You have to laugh.

Bwahahaha.... :D

I've quoted the story which is still on the BBC from his time at WBA many times - I've been harping on about it since he got appointed.

Why Celtic appointed this guy if they wanted to be winners is truly beyond me.