Mowbray had another dig...

What other choice did they have?

He was reasonably successful with Hibs and did about as good as it gets for West Brom.

He also played for them and is Celtic minded.

He was about 4th choice but the OF can't attract top managers anymore.

That's why we're lucky to have Walter. He may not be the best manager in the world but he knows how to manage Rangers for domestic success. I doubt there is a better manager out there that the OF could attract.

I originally thought we were lucky with attracting PLG but maybe he was just too good to be true.

Who can they attract now? I think the best they can hope in the Celtic minded camp for is the likes of Roy Keane who has been a disaster at Ipswich.

What other choice did they have?

He was reasonably successful with Hibs and did about as good as it gets for West Brom.

He was good with Hibs, but his EPL period with West Brom was a disaster of stubborness.

tbh, I'm amazed anyone would want him now as that's 2 clubs he's screwed up with the same philosophy.

He also played for them and is Celtic minded.

Not according to that wee tim on SSN yesterday - he wasn't Celtic Minded and was a 'pretend manager'.

He was about 4th choice but the OF can't attract top managers anymore.

That's why we're lucky to have Walter. He may not be the best manager in the world but he knows how to manage Rangers for domestic success. I doubt there is a better manager out there that the OF could attract.

I've preached this many times. We're incredibly lucky to have Walter, he's a much better manager than we should realistically have.

I originally thought we were lucky with attracting PLG but maybe he was just too good to be true.

I was delighted beyond words to get him, but his football was like Mowbray's - determined to be attacking and open with little thought about defence.

Who can they attract now? I think the best they can hope in the Celtic minded camp for is the likes of Roy Keane who has been a disaster at Ipswich.

I've heard some suggestions like Phil Brown.

What a load of crap. That makes EVERY rangers manager who's lost a game a failure - ergo EVERY Rangers manager. So Struth et al are failures who couldn't win every game? (except once of course)

That John Lawrence quote is pathetic. How can Rangers never be second best? That means not only that we must win every game but also that we must have won every game up to now. What nonsense.

Webash that's the most arrogantly stupid philosophy I've ever heard and by logic you must be a complete and utter failure by your own standards. I very much doubt you are the best at anything and so, sir, by your own words you are a complete failure.

There is no such thing as perfection and to judge anyone as a failure for the slightest blemish is just pathetic and not worth listening to.

All teams lose sometime, it's the nature of the game and to lose to the third best team in the country with a weakened team in only the second domestic loss in about 38 games is hardly a disgrace.

Wabash may be no Tim but I think I'd much rather listen to their crap than to his.

I was going to respond to his ridiculous assertion by stating that of course all these legends of by gone years have lost to inferior teams at one time or another.

Whilst we must maintain standards by demanding the best, we cannot lose all grasp on reality through viewing the past through rose-tinted specs.

I was going to respond to his ridiculous assertion by stating that of course all these legends of by gone years have lost to inferior teams at one time or another.

Whilst we must maintain standards by demanding the best, we cannot lose all grasp on reality through viewing the past through rose-tinted specs.

Whose ridiculous assertion, the man's who went on to become Rangers chairman, you really should not take things literally, I know what he meant even if you don't.

When he was at Hibs I thought Mowbray was a decent bloke but some of his outbursts aimed at Rangers these last few weeks have changed my mind. He's been coming across as just another bitter bheast tbh. First it was the referees then it was the Rangers style of football ..... when he needed to be talking about issues much nearer home.

When he was at Hibs I thought Mowbray was a decent bloke but some of his outbursts aimed at Rangers these last few weeks have changed my mind. He's been coming across as just another bitter bheast tbh. First it was the referees then it was the Rangers style of football ..... when he needed to be talking about issues much nearer home.

Something about the place? Or the fans? Or the media? Loads of excuses from him though and not much dignity.

I used to really enjoy Strachan as a pundit and his interviews as a manager, but I thought he turned in to a right miserable sob when managing Celtic.

Something about the place? Or the fans? Or the media? Loads of excuses from him though and not much dignity.

I used to really enjoy Strachan as a pundit and his interviews as a manager, but I thought he turned in to a right miserable sob when managing Celtic.

Spot on - my biggest regret about WGS taking over at Celtic was I knew he'd start to become a real pain in the arse. Which given I too previously liked him was a bit sad.

Mowbray never quite became as disliked because he's just so pathetic a manager, there's not much to hate. I will forgive his comments about negative football as he was highly emotional and had just been gubbed by St Mirren.

But managers and players of Celtic definitely lose dignity once they join - Scott McDonald was a good example. Turned into a right wee...

The strangest thing for me was that Mowbray couldn't get his defence sorted out. That seemed to be half his problem with Celtic.

Consensus from every job he's had seems to be top bloke, poor manager.

Similar to what happened to PLG - although the attack wasn't the best either but the defence was woeful. Walter sorted the defence out as the first thing he did.