TONY MOWBRAY last night claimed the win-at-all-costs mentality in Scottish football is creating SPL ghost grounds.

The Celtic boss believes the growing number of empty seats in the top flight is down to a lack of entertainment.

And as attendances continue to plummet, Mogga is worried the stay-away fans are sitting at home thinking of ways to criticise their clubs.

He said: "I'm surprised by the crowds. Who is watching games when so much is written and spoken about them?

"Maybe they're all too busy reading papers, phoning radio stations or writing letters.

"How do we get the stadiums full again? My philosophy on football is to entertain.

"Unfortunately here it is win, win, win from day one."

The Hoops manager would gladly put his hand in his pocket to watch boyhood heroes Middlesbrough.

But he fears some punters aren't so motivated.

Mowbray said: "A lot of working class people have grown up watching football but they probably have better things to do with their money now.

"I was in the Premiership with West Brom last year and teams were playing 'fear football' to stay in the league.

"And with players on �£100,000 a week you have to be careful not to alienate the public."

Despite the current apathy, Mowbray insists Celtic are working overtime to engage with the public.

He said: "This club does a remarkable amount of community stuff.

"I sometimes have to say I can't have players spending too much time doing it.

"Nobody says: 'He looks tired on Saturday but listen he did great because he signed things for hours on Thursday'."

Mowbray also revealed he will wait until the summer before trying to retain loan stars like Robbie Keane, Landry Nguemo, Edson Braafheid and Diomansy Kamara.

He said: "It's OK when you only pay a percentage of the salary. But they then have a value. If you can't match that, nothing's going to happen.

:giruy: :spl:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2010/03/21/tony-mowbray-teams-don-t-want-to-entertain-and-that-s-why-stadiums-are-empty-86908-22127976/