NB: I'm playing devil's advocate here...

It may be slim, but it is possible. It would mean forking out a huge transfer fee and busting their wage structure but I can see them trying to appease the fans in some way. This could be it...

NB: I'm playing devil's advocate here...

It may be slim, but it is possible. It would mean forking out a huge transfer fee and busting their wage structure but I can see them trying to appease the fans in some way. This could be it...

Keane doesn't want to stay. He's playing for one of his many 'boyhood heroes' for a while and once it's over he wants to go back to Spurs. He's already said this.

I seem to be getting sent text messages every day about what a waste of money Keane is but the reality is that he is quite clearly a step above this league and for our own benefit, i really hope that Celtic can't afford to keep him

His touch and finish for timmy's first was a superb goal, as much as it pains me to say it.

And he has 6 goals now - as much as he's not worth the cash, he does appear to be 'doing it' for them now.

I seem to be getting sent text messages every day about what a waste of money Keane is but the reality is that he is quite clearly a step above this league and for our own benefit, i really hope that Celtic can't afford to keep him

He was bought to win them the league.

They are now further behind than before he came.

They wont win the league.

Ergo he is not worth his loan fee nor extortianate wage.

This loan signing is a waste of money, even if he scores a few goals.

Whether he signs on after that doesn't affect the fact that they've made an error with the loan deal.

Regardless of how many points behind they were then, and how many points they're behind now, to say that a player who has scored 8 goals in his last 6 games has been a waste of money is ridiculous. If they had 11 players of Keane's ilk, they would absolutely coast the league. I wish our fans would stick to ridiculing their players who have actually been a total waste of money (there's only 9 or 10 to choose from....) rather than the constant shit i keep seeing about the man who is almost single handedly keeping their hunt for any kind of silverware alive

Keane doesn't want to stay. He's playing for one of his many 'boyhood heroes' for a while and once it's over he wants to go back to Spurs. He's already said this.

He could be at a number of boyhood favourites next season, Chelsea, Man Utd etc.. :whistle:.

I would prefer it if he retired just like the other Keane did when he played for them.

Regardless of how many points behind they were then, and how many points they're behind now, to say that a player who has scored 8 goals in his last 6 games has been a waste of money is ridiculous. If they had 11 players of Keane's ilk, they would absolutely coast the league. I wish our fans would stick to ridiculing their players who have actually been a total waste of money (there's only 9 or 10 to choose from....) rather than the constant shit i keep seeing about the man who is almost single handedly keeping their hunt for any kind of silverware alive

Celtic broke their wage structure etc and went out on a huge limb with the attempt to creep back into the title race.

It has not happened, in fact they are furthe behind.

A gamble that has not paid off.

If it was a typical run of the mill transfer at the start of the season, fair enough, i'd agree with you.

But it wasn't. They put all their financial eggs in one basket and it has failed dramatically. It is the circumstances that make it a waste of money. He was bought with certain express aims and even in spite of his own good goal return, they have not been able to achieve these targets.

I don't deny he is a good player or has scored a few goals. I am saying the transfer is a waste of money as it has not achieved what they desired. His signing has also, at last check, not made the (significant) difference with attendances that was hoped for/required.