Some more Ellis information:

Suprised to hear it is him alone. I was under the impression he did not have enough financial clout as an individual. :confused:

That surprised me too Ally, particularly when quite a few people who are supposedly in the know said there were definitely others involved.

It might only be Ellis involved in the purchase of Rangers shares but there could well be other investors involved in any subsequent property deals. Unfortunately the effective ownership of companies can be an exceedingly complicated arrangement.

None of us know how much money Ellis has, but I doubt very much that he's got anywhere remotely close to what's needed to pay off the approximate �£30m the newspapers have been rattling on about non stop unless he either has backers/partners or is somehow managing to borrow the money himself. Still very sceptical about the whole thing tbh. Can't see it happening at all. :whistle:

Seems West Coast Capital, his main holding company for private equity investment, are behind the Ellis bid. Have a friend in the finance houses who was briefed at 9:15 this evening (he's a 20 year Copland Road blue nose, so couldn't wait to share). Reuben Brothers, not quite sure who they are, are involved also, I'm told Reuben and Hunter have previously worked with HBOS on certain deals, and this is apparently helping the final negotiation, given the Lloyds involvement now.

Seems like the big man is coming to spend some of his money.

Obviously this could be a lot of crap,however I thought I'd post it anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A65121716

Guest BRIANMC1
Heard the same. Think it is just that mate.

I am still curious as to where the money is coming from.

I don't want a frying pan into the Fire situation.

We need someone with real cash for me.

I hope there is more than just him involved.