Some more Ellis information:

Just noticed this one myself so apologies if its already been posted...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8562345.stm

The group considering a possible takeover of Rangers will decide in about two weeks' time whether to make an offer for the Glasgow club.

RFC Holdings (Guernsey), fronted by Andrew Ellis, are entering a period of due diligence, during which they will examine the club's finances in detail.

The Scottish champions are �£31m in debt and have been under pressure from Lloyds Banking Group to cut costs.

A group of Rangers directors will consider the implications of any offer.

The independent committee comprises chairman Alastair Johnston, John McClelland, Martin Bain, Donald McIntyre and former Ibrox captain John Greig.

Sir David Murray, who relinquished his chairmanship and place on the board in August, controls about 90% of the shares in the Scottish Premier League leaders.

News broke last weekend that Ellis, a former director at Queen's Park Rangers, was preparing to make a bid.

BBC Scotland learned that two other parties were also considering bids to take over the Ibrox club but Ellis is thought to be the front-runner.

The Ibrox club are homing in on their second successive SPL title, currently enjoying a 13-point lead over second-placed Celtic.

Rangers have previously confirmed that principal shareholder Murray International Holdings has opened discussions about a possible takeover of the club.

I'll firmly root myself in the skeptics camp, and while I hve no reason to doubt N_L, I have no reason to believe him either.

I think my biggest aspect of dubiety is how he remembered so much of a phone call of substantial length to post it.

But it doesn't really matter if his post is true or not, just as long as this Ellis character's intentions are benevolent and if he does take us over, he progresses us and gets rid of that damn debt.

We're imperious on the pitch, time to translate that off it too.

Just watched that video & would urge others to watch it. Sadly, it confirms what I'd already read about Ellis and his time at Northampton Town, calling his time there 'shambolic'. Interesting to note that the writer for the Northampton Chronicle that's being interviewed also mentions something about Ellis wanting to move or merge the club as he did with QPR & Fulham, which means that he's been coming away with crazy plans like that at every club he's been involved with. Yikes.

I'll firmly root myself in the skeptics camp, and while I hve no reason to doubt N_L, I have no reason to believe him either.

I think my biggest aspect of dubiety is how he remembered so much of a phone call of substantial length to post it.

But it doesn't really matter if his post is true or not, just as long as this Ellis character's intentions are benevolent and if he does take us over, he progresses us and gets rid of that damn debt.

We're imperious on the pitch, time to translate that off it too.

maybe he really listened to the guy and took notes or has a good memory, some people do you know :rolleyes:

why would someone make that up :confused:

maybe he really listened to the guy and took notes or has a good memory, some people do you know :rolleyes:

why would someone make that up :confused:

No way did N_L make it up Johnny. He wouldn't get away with making something like that up. I was a bit sceptical at first, but what he posted just has to be 99% accurate from his recollection of the call. That said, I won't be buying into anything that comes out of Ellis's mouth in a desperate hurry! This is a man that likes to say the right things to football fans, things they want to hear. When he went to Northampton they were doing well in League One sitting mid table before xmas and he promised the fans that he was fully behind their manager, but within a week he'd sacked their manager and appointed Fenwick, a decision which proved a disaster.