Refs have had it in for Celtic for 50 years, claims Hoops legend

Billy McNeill says that referees have favoured Rangers for as long as he can remember, following Scott Brown's controversial sending off on Sunday.

Billy McNeill has spoken out against Scottish referees, saying that Celtic have suffered from their poor decision making for half a century. The Parkhead club are contesting Scott Brown�s red card in Sunday�s 1-0 defeat to rivals Rangers, a decision which McNeill claims is the latest in a long line of poor calls against his club.

McNeill, who captained Celtic to the 1967 European Cup and had two spells as manager, watched on as skipper Brown was given his marching orders for a tussle with Rangers forward Kyle Lafferty early in the second half.

The Hoops went on to lose to Maurice Edu�s late winner and McNeill believes that the Ibrox club have found favour with the men in black for as long as he can remember.

ââ?¬Å?Celtic have been suffering referee injustices against Rangers for 50 years,ââ?¬Â McNeil told the Scottish Sun. ââ?¬Å?I felt that way as a player, during two spells as manager and now as a spectator.

ââ?¬Å?Nothing seems to change. This season Iââ?¬â?¢ve seen it in each of the three derbies ââ?¬â?? and what happened at Ibrox on Sunday was as disappointing as any Iââ?¬â?¢ve had to stomach.

ââ?¬Å?I believe when it has to come to players being red carded and booked, Rangers have been treated more favourably than Celtic. I think the majority of big decisions have gone against my club.ââ?¬Â

Celtic announced their intention to appeal Brown�s red card on Sunday night and now could find themselves at the centre of an SFA probe. A statement published on the club�s official website on Sunday night has angered those at the top of the game, after it was written that "any fair-minded person looking at the incident at the time or subsequent TV replays could see it wasn't a red card".

The message then went on to list various incidents in recent Old Firm matches that the club considered to be injustices against them and McNeill agrees that his former team can feel hard done by.

ââ?¬Å?Donââ?¬â?¢t get me wrong, Rangers have also had to endure a fair few bad calls from referees and linesmen,ââ?¬Â he said. ââ?¬Å?But not as many as Celtic.

ââ?¬Å?Scott Brownââ?¬â?¢s actions did not merit a red card. And how Kyle Lafferty managed to escape any punishment stunned me. As far as I am concerned, both players had to be treated the same way by Dougie McDonald. If Brown was going off then Lafferty should have followed.ââ?¬Â

:giruy::)

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/160782-refs-have-had-it-in-for-celtic-for-50-years-claims-hoops-legend/

Maybe you chunts should listen to what everybody keeps telling you, WHY DON'T YOU GO HOME.

They're not welcome there either. They've already got a big enough gypo problem in the ROI. 404.gif