League Cup - Who Needs It?

I've never bought in to the whole diddy cup thing. Its always exciting to see your team play in a final and can give the fans and players a real boost at this point in the season. So what if it doesn't get you a European place, its one of the 3 domestic trophies up for grabs and I think we should be competing for it seriously.

Mike.

With the stadium only half full surely they should be giving tickets away to kids or totally cutting the price for adults so more go?

I hate seeing the ground like this but it's happened for years and they don't seem interested in doing anything about it......

In terms of league re-organisation, one of the problems is finding dates to play games - doing away with the 3rd trophy would free up space in the calendar.

That apart, I just can't muster enthusiasm. That said I'm sitting watching it.

With the stadium only half full surely they should be giving tickets away to kids or totally cutting the price for adults so more go?

I hate seeing the ground like this but it's happened for years and they don't seem interested in doing anything about it......

Ideally it should be played at a stadium with a capacity of 35k but we don't have one of those in Scotland. Ibrox, Hampden and Celtic Park are all to big for a League Cup SF with a diddy team in it but Easter Rd and Tynecastle are to small.

Ideally it should be played at a stadium with a capacity of 35k but we don't have one of those in Scotland. Ibrox, Hampden and Celtic Park are all to big for a League Cup SF with a diddy team in it but Easter Rd and Tynecastle are to small.

Aye, don't agree with the calls for it to be at Tynecastle. Just not big enough.

Celtic have won this one more than us I believe, so I want us to win it. :spl:

They haven't thats the Scottish Cup. We have won this 25 times they have won it 13/14 times.

I like this trophy don't see the need to do away with it unless we have a Super Cup type thing at the start of the season. Like league winner plays the Scottish cup winner.