Apparently they broke 4 rules, not just 1 that's why they are dumped out.

You say it wasnt a contest anymore, but at what scoreline doesn't it become a contest ?

A part of me says a bit harsh, but this should happen to all clubs that do this. Will stamp out all of this stupidity

About 3 or 4 nil up with about 20-30 minutes to go against lower league opposition. ;)

Also my issue is that it doesn't happen to everyone. There is no logic or consistency to the way the authorities apply the rules.

About 3 or 4 nil up with about 20-30 minutes to go against lower league opposition. ;)

Also my issue is that it doesn't happen to everyone. There is no logic or consistency to the way the authorities apply the rules.

Aye but we saw a team come back from 4-0 to 4-4 in 12 minutes at the ANC ;)

Aye but we saw a team come back from 4-0 to 4-4 in 12 minutes at the ANC ;)

Aye true, I knew someone would use some example to prove my comment would not hold true 100% of the time. But Mali have a team of greater quality than Angola, not far inferior competing in a lower division.

I know there are no doubt plenty of exceptions to my original comment. I just think the SFA have made a massive balls of this. Fine and slap on the wrists for Dunfermline, or let their defeated opponents take their place.

They were actually 5-0 or 5-1 up at the time, so it does seem harsh, but it's their own fault for breaking several of the rules. Had it just been about breaking 1 rule they might not have been dumped out, but the quote below from the SFA site outlines the 4 problems:-

The Scottish FA can confirm that after a meeting of the Emergency Committee at Hampden Park, Dunfermline Athletic Football Club have been expelled from the Active Nation Scottish Cup in respect of a number of breaches of the Cup Competition rules.

The breaches of the Cup Competition rules are as follows:

� Playing a suspended player, Calum Woods

� Submitting an inaccurate team line

� Altering a named substitute

� Not registering two outfield under-21 players

Dunfermline NO OOT !!

Dunfermline have successfully appealed against their expulsion from the Scottish Cup.

The Fife side must now replay their fourth round tie against Stenhousemuir and have been fined around �£30,000 for breaching competition rules.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dunfermline_athletic/8470094.stm

Ha Ha NC that surely has to be it right??? Well that's what the MOPES will be saying. Seriously though I think it's the right decision thats been made. The Tims will still get past Dunfermline but they could have put the kids out against Stenny and still got through