To be honest, David hasn't asked to be given that title in the newspaper.

Sounds a bit pedantic to me.

He frequently does.

Anyway, where does he get the time to issue statements like this? Isn't he too busy ironing things out with the Only Show in Town. Or has the RST now got over that particular embarrassment?:whistle:

Edited by maineflyer

He frequently does.

Anyway, where does he get the time to issue statements like this? Isn't he too busy ironing things out with the Only Show in Town. Or has the RST now got over that particular embarrassment?:whistle:

I shan't go over the same tired old argument with you, no matter how much you would like me to.

Seems reasonable to me that they should let interested parties know what they are looking for and i'm sure they have. Unfortunately, much as we would like it, I see no reason for them to make some public declaration to appease our fans. :(

All this media coverage is just part of the game. As I said yesterday people are pulling in favours to try and gain some leverage on Lloyds. May or may not work but I think recent months has shown the support can apply a bit of pressure so it's certainly worth exploring further.

Some will prefer more pressure, some will prefer less but no-one knows what the situation is for certain and with Rangers remaining competitive in the SPL, the bank may not be in too much of a rush to accept a low(ish) offer on their debt.

I think David Edgar claimed '2200 active members' the other week after their accounts displaying around 1500 last summer.

However, he has been known to lie through his teeth where RST membership is concerned.... and I say this without the slightest fear of contradiction. I'd rather believe my cat's version of RST membership numbers than David Edgar.

All this media coverage is just part of the game. As I said yesterday people are pulling in favours to try and gain some leverage on Lloyds. May or may not work but I think recent months has shown the support can apply a bit of pressure so it's certainly worth exploring further.

Some will prefer more pressure, some will prefer less but no-one knows what the situation is for certain and with Rangers remaining competitive in the SPL, the bank may not be in too much of a rush to accept a low(ish) offer on their debt.

If I thought we could exert pressure on the bank I'd be all for it. I was just making the point that there is absolutely no reason, legal or otherwise, for the bank to tell anyone what they want. Though giving potential buyers a ballpark figure may facilitate negotiations.