Think there's a big difference with someone like Nacho playing for us as he has put in a fair stint playing and living here unlike Danny Fox, say, who is using us a flag of convenience. Yes, he is good enough, but much as I love him, he's not Scottish and would prefer if we gave his place to someone a bit more bona fide.

Novo's been playing & living in Scotland for almost 9 years now & has a Scottish wife & family, so it's a difficult one. In many ways he's more Scottish than an Englishman or foreigner from abroad who's barely ever set foot in Scotland, but happens to have a Scottish grandparent...

The other thing that makes me dubious that Novo would get a call-up for Scotland is that we're now looking towards qualification for the Euros in 2012, by which time Novo would be 33 because he turns 31 in March.. ;)

[/b]

Have you heard about the lad Islam Feruz? Born in Somalia but brought up in Scotland and eligible only for Scotland and Somalia? Surely you could'nt object to him?

That's an interesting point. I'd be more inclined to have him play for us, where it's someone who has lived most of their life here.

[/b]

Have you heard about the lad Islam Feruz? Born in Somalia but brought up in Scotland and eligible only for Scotland and Somalia? Surely you could'nt object to him?

I don't mind an immigrant who was brought up in Scotland playing for us but as in the Dutch team of a few years ago most were of foreign origin. I would hate to see that happening to Scotland. as i said 11 Indian or Pakistani players(which could be possible) just wouldn't be Scotland for me

I'm against using foreigners unless they have Scottish grand parents or have been brought up in Scotland. I know we're not exactly good enough to handicap ourselves by turning down good players, but it just wouldn't seem right.

In any case, I don't think that Nacho is good enough to bring more success to the team and so if we're going to lose, I'd rather we did it with Scottish players than wondering if some young Scot would have helped us win. Besides, he'll only become a scapegoat for non-Rangers fans. At the same time do we really want to take a place away from a bona fide Scotsman who's dreamt about playing for someone who's only really dreamt of playing for Spain?

If it was someone like Laudrup or Larsson, I might be tempted to change my mind although deep down, I still wouldn't feel comfortable about it.