Do you think the with run that NN has been (Rightly) given in the team the new Scotland manager will think about him as a future Scottish International and do you think he will go for it.

Edited by JMS

Do you think with run that NN has been (Rightly) given in the team the new Scotland manager will think about him as a future Scottish International and do you think he will go for it.

All other teams are using the rule so why shouldn't we. Do i agree with it? No, Scottish is Scottish and should only figure Scottish players. The only difference i would agree with is as in Andy Drivers position where he has been at school in Scotland and been brought through the Scottish ranks.

I think it was two years ago Holland won the youth Euro cup. After the final the players pulled out the Suriname flag and did a lap of honour with the Suriname flag. Although the Dutch team is now mostly Dutch it went through a period of being mostly Surinamese. I would hate to see 10 Pakistani or Indian players playing for Scotland.

I'd love to see Nacho getting a call-up for Scotland & it wouldn't bother me at all. If it's possible within the FIFA & UEFA rules then it's fine with me. If you take the time to look into the teams participating in the World Cup next year, you'll find there's a large percentage of them exploiting the 'grandparent' & resident citizen rules to bolster their squads with what are essentially foreign players. Whether Nacho would still want to play for Scotland or not is another story. He'd no doubt be interested if we'd qualified for the WC, but since we didn't he's more likely to play his heart out for Rangers in the hope of a slim chance that he'll get a call-up for Spain.

We all love Nacho, but if it was someone else who played for another team, say a Celtic player who had absolutely no connection to the country other than living here for a few years, would we be as keen to implement the rule?

Probably not BD & more importantly, I can't see it happening in Nacho's case anyway. There's already a good number of players being selected from Rangers & Celtic, so I can't see them going as far as calling up Novo. Depends on your point of view though because Novo would be more of a benefit to the squad than some of the players Burley was calling up. Still can't see it happening though.

Think there's a big difference with someone like Nacho playing for us as he has put in a fair stint playing and living here unlike Danny Fox, say, who is using us a flag of convenience. Yes, he is good enough, but much as I love him, he's not Scottish and would prefer if we gave his place to someone a bit more bona fide.

I think it was two years ago Holland won the youth Euro cup. After the final the players pulled out the Suriname flag and did a lap of honour with the Suriname flag. Although the Dutch team is now mostly Dutch it went through a period of being mostly Surinamese. I would hate to see 10 Pakistani or Indian players playing for Scotland.

Have you heard about the lad Islam Feruz? Born in Somalia but brought up in Scotland and eligible only for Scotland and Somalia? Surely you could'nt object to him?