English potential WC stadia announced

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8416945.stm

Three in London? Emirates, White Hart Lane and Olympic...it seems a bit unfair on East Anglia and it's surroundings that neither Norwich nor Ipswich are featured while there are 3 in London, 2 in North London alone - I dunno where the Olympic one is, is it East London?

And Elland Road...that ought to be a culture shock for whichever poor sods are based in Leeds. Still, I do envy them.

I cant believe they have chosen Elland Road, its a dump and will need a mass rebuild on 3 sides.

If they go for the new White Hart Lane then it will be 3 in North London. The Olympic Stadium is going to hold most of its capacity on a temporarily basis for the olympics then will be ripped down to a 25000 seater after it unless West Ham move into it which is unlikely at the moment. (Andy, yes its in Stratford East London)

As Andy says they could use Norwich or Ipswich rather than 1 from Bristol or Plymouth.

Calscot / Wija, what is the MK Dons current capacity?

Half of that stadia listed needs increased capacity or rebuild.

Anyway, I hope they get the WC in 2018.

The MK stadium will have been selected because it's modern, only being a couple of years old & has built in facilities that other stadiums don't have. It's only just over 20k capacity or something, but I think they plan to double that if necessary.