Charlie Adam Scores Again

Was thinking how Walter is not too convinced by Beasley or Fleck on the left so why not bring back Pistol Pete or maybe that dude (Bad spelling approaching) Belhadj of Pompey. I like Charlie Adam but his fitness and pace was always a slight worry for me.

Aye, Lovenkrands was great out wide on the left :confused:.

Lovenkrands is a quality striker/forward and one of the many attackers we've had in recent seasons to bizarrely get wasted out wide in a midfield 4 despite constant anonymous performances.

After the way he's played for Newcastle this season no way could we afford him anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

17th of the season from the penalty spot against Forest.

On soccer Saturday Jeff Stelling repeats the assertion that he is the ultimate bargain buy of the season.

Maybe time for him to leave, but I maintain �£500k was a shocking bit of business. Wouldn't have sold him for that.

Edited by Super_Ally

We haven't been the astute business people with bit part players when they are quite good, never selling them for decent money or any in a lot of cases. I have heard we might have a clause on any sell on for him.

Aye, it's rumoured that we'll get 20% of his sell on fee.

Anyway, well done Charlie! :)

Blackpool could go into the play-off zone today if they win & Swansea drop any points against Barnsley, but Swansea are 2-1 up at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie Adam was poor for us. He's been great for Blackpool.

Ferguson ended up being terrible for us, but has been great for Birmingham.

Arteta flattered to deceive for us a lot, but ended up being the most important player at Everton.

Sometimes, guys, it just doesn't work for a player in particular circumstances and the change is needed.

It doesn't mean you made a mistake letting him go, just that it wasn't happening at Rangers.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing and all the guys happy for Adam to go are now saying 500k was madness. Even though that's what all of us fans actually valued him at when he played for us.

Charlie Adam was poor for us. He's been great for Blackpool.

Ferguson ended up being terrible for us, but has been great for Birmingham.

Arteta flattered to deceive for us a lot, but ended up being the most important player at Everton.

Sometimes, guys, it just doesn't work for a player in particular circumstances and the change is needed.

It doesn't mean you made a mistake letting him go, just that it wasn't happening at Rangers.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing and all the guys happy for Adam to go are now saying 500k was madness. Even though that's what all of us fans actually valued him at when he played for us.

I see what you're saying and as a generalisation of Rangers fans that about sums up the consensus opinion.

I, though, have been consistent since that transfer was mooted in saying it was a steal, and have been proven right ever since.

I didn't post in this thread to continue that debate though (this time :whistle:). Just keeping an eye out on a recent former player's progress. Young Scot doing well down South and I'm happy for him.

Guest Flying Hippo

I thought �£500,000 was madness at the time and felt we should've held out for �£1.5 million

Celtic sold Stanislav Varga to Sunderland for �£1 million when he was 34 years old