Kris Boyd a target for Frank Rijkaard

Rangers striker Kris Boyd has emerged as a January transfer target for Turkish side Galatasaray. The club are reported to be ready to offer Boyd wages of up to �£36,000 a week.

Boyd is out of contract at the end of the season but Galaâ��s Dutch manager Frank Rijkaard is set to offer Rangers �£500,000 to take the player in January, according to the Scottish News of the World. Walter Smith revealed this week that Rangers no longer have to sell players in the new year but, with Boyd yet to agree a new deal, the Turkish side are ready to make their move.

The striker closed in on Henrik Larsson�s SPL scoring record on Saturday with two goals that took his tally to 151. Galatasaray hope that the prolific marksman can help them land the Turkish title and are prepared to treble the player�s current deal.

Turkish sides Kayserispor and Trabzonspor were interested in the forward last season but received no encouragement from Boyd, who has said he would like to remain at Rangers. However, the Ibrox club�s financial situation means that there has been no improved contract offered and the lure of a lucrative contract abroad may prove tempting if Boyd doesn�t get the deal he wants.

Walter Smith will not wish to lose a player he sees as key to Ranger�s SPL hopes. The Rangers manager paid tribute to his top scorer after Saturday�s match at Falkirk and pondered how successful he could be if he stayed at Ibrox for life.

"It's difficult to put his goals into perspective,� Smith said.

�When you look at the age he is and the opportunity he has to keep adding to that tally, it's a fantastic achievement for a player to have scored that number of goals."

Galatasaray are not the only club to be linked with the striker, who could return to the international fold under the next Scotland manager. Alex McLeish is said to be pondering a bid to take Boyd to Birmingham City, while Serie A side Livorno have also been linked with a move.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/142322-kris-boyd-a-target-for-frank-rijkaard/

Kris Boyd is always linked with some bizarre rich mid table team in some slightly obscure country during and prior to the transfer window.

And Birmingham :D

As for would I sell him? I feel an on form Miller and Lafferty offer plenty, but it's the 'on form' part they're struggling with.

Kris Boyd is always linked with some bizarre rich mid table team in some slightly obscure country during and prior to the transfer window.

And Birmingham :D

As for would I sell him? I feel an on form Miller and Lafferty offer plenty, but it's the 'on form' part they're struggling with.

Please tell me you're kidding Danny. Sell Boyd and then rely on Miller and Laff to fire us to domestic success?

Erm....NO THANKS. Miller, although rich in endeavour, has not and never will have, the quality or the amount of goals in him that's required if we are to have a successful campaign. IMO, Miller is no more than a hard working foil for Boyd.

As for big Kyle, he looks as if he worth about 3.5 postage stamps, nevermind millions of pounds. O.Coyle really did a number on Watty in regards to that transfer. At this moment in time(it might change)there is no way he can be relied upon(like Miller)to fire us to success.

Selling Boyd in the tranfer window would be a disaster IMO. For all his failings as a footballer, he has more goals in him than the rest of the team together, and is absolutely crucial to us winning silverware this season.

W.A.T.P.

Edited by nokiss

Guest 90minsofmadness
Please tell me you're kidding Danny. Sell Boyd and then rely on Miller and Laff to fire us to domestic success?

Erm....NO THANKS. Miller, although rich in endeavour, has not and never will have, the quality or the amount of goals in him that's required if we are to have a successful campaign. IMO, Miller is no more than a hard working foil for Boyd.

As for big Kyle, he looks as if he worth about 3.5 postage stamps, nevermind millions of pounds. O.Coyle really did a number on Watty in regards to that transfer. At this moment in time(it might change)there is no way he can be relied upon(like Miller)to fire us to success.

Selling Boyd in the tranfer window would be a disaster IMO. For all his failings as a footballer, he has more goals in him than the rest of the team together, and is absolutely crucial to us winning silverware this season.

W.A.T.P.

Fleck, Novo and Naismith would be ahead of both of them if it was up to me.

Boyd won't move to Turkey. There's more chance of Falkirk winning the SPL than Boyd moving to Turkey. If you were Boydy, would you be even remotely interested in moving to an Islamic county that borders Iran, Iraq & Syria?? GTF. Can you see Boydy wanting to? I can't. Boyd probably wouldn't even want to go to Istanbul on holiday never mind to live. :fish:

Guest 90minsofmadness
Boyd won't move to Turkey. There's more chance of Falkirk winning the SPL than Boyd moving to Turkey. If you were Boydy, would you be even remotely interested in moving to an Islamic county that borders Iran, Iraq & Syria?? GTF. Can you see Boydy wanting to? I can't. Boyd probably wouldn't even want to go to Istanbul on holiday never mind to live. :fish:

If I were Boyd then I'd bite off any clubs hands that want to offer me 36g a week regardless of where they played.

Guest 90minsofmadness

You think of Galatasary as a team of bizarre rich mid table team ?

They have the same status as us in a worldwide level.

If I were Boyd then I'd bite off any clubs hands that want to offer me 36g a week regardless of where they played.

He could have moved to Birmingham and been earning 25k a week + bonuses while being close enough to home that he'd have been able to make overnight trips practically any time he wanted. There's absolutely no way he'll move to Turkey even if he was offered 50k a week wages. IMO the only way it could happen is if the club literally sent him packing because of a high offer, but they're not going to force him to go to somewhere like Istanbul for peanuts. That would be like saying 'You've been our top goal scorer every year since you came to Ibrox & we're very sorry to have to let you go, but we feel we need to shaft you just for the hell of it, pack your bags son, we're sending you to live with the Kurds'.