My take on the France Ireland game

Just for Macafelly ;):

''You put you left hand in your left hand out , in out in out shake it all about, you hand the ball to Gallas who gives it a clout and that's what put the Paddy's out................oh Thierry Thierry Henry''

Edit:

And:

A French Beret....€6.00

A Croissant whilst in GAY Paris....€4.00

The "Fighting Oirish Scarf"....€10.00

Match Ticket....€60.00

Match Programme....€8.00

Watching Thierry Henry play Gaelic Football....Priceless

Edited by Super_Ally

Do FIFA enforce their edict about the refereees decision at all times, seems not.

=========

Decisions of the Referee

The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including

whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are fi nal.

The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his

discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth offi cial, provided

that he has not restarted play or terminated the match.

=====================

GERMAN BUNDESLIGA 1994

Bayern Munich 2 Nuremberg 1

Struggling Nuremberg lost when the referee decided, despite protests, that Thomas Helmer had scored for Bayern. Television evidence showed the ball had not crossed the line and in an unprecedented move, the German FA ordered the game to be replayed: Bayern won 5-0.

GERMAN BUNDESLIGA 1994

Bayern Munich 2 Nuremberg 1

Struggling Nuremberg lost when the referee decided, despite protests, that Thomas Helmer had scored for Bayern. Television evidence showed the ball had not crossed the line and in an unprecedented move, the German FA ordered the game to be replayed: Bayern won 5-0.

This can't be compared I wouldn't have thought. Individual Associations can make these decisions, I could be wrong of course ?.

I would say that the FIFA directive is clear cut, or do they have different laws to the FA's who constitute FIFA. They also ordered the Bahrain world cup game to be replayed in 2006 due to a technical error by the referee at a penalty, he did not apply the laws correctly.

So it appears the referees decision is final only when it suits FIFA, or unless you have a bigger brown envelope than Bahrain.

A Bundesliga game is not a FIFA sanctioned game though is it?

How naive of me, I was under the impression that all professional or indeed any FA affiliated to UEFA and in turn FIFA came under their jurisdiction, FIFA,s site claims to be, "The official site of the international governing body of football" obviously they are mistaken, perhaps you would be kind enough to inform them of their error. :)

How naive of me, I was under the impression that all professional or indeed any FA affiliated to UEFA and in turn FIFA came under their jurisdiction, FIFA,s site claims to be, "The official site of the international governing body of football" obviously they are mistaken, perhaps you would be kind enough to inform them of their error. :)

Maybe I will. You tedious cunt.

I'm fairly certain that different interpretations of the rules have been used across world football even though FIFA are the world governing body. For example I do not believe the "new" offside rule was introduced at the same time across the world game.