Duo interested in Scots post

There's a lot of posters on here quite good at saying who we SHOULD'NT get. But we are limited to who we can afford and who hasn't ruled themselves out.

We also need to leave our Gers bias out - e.g Levein. If he's the man, we get behind him; he will not be any worse than GB. O.k. he ranted against us over a few debatable decisions but he did v. C****c too as I recall. I'm not making a pitch for him, just saying that we should be realistic. Levein at least has shown a bit of passion on behalf of his club.

How about we just set our standards and expectations a bit higher rather than going with run of the mill SPL managers!

There seems to be this thing with the SFA that after Berti vogts we shouldnt go for another non-Scottish manager. I beg to differ, there are plenty Englishmen Id be happy with who would bring more the job. Steve McLaren, Terry Venebles, Kevin Keegan, Roy Hogdson.

Yet if we want to stick with one of our own we should aim as high as possible. David Moyes, Walter Smith, Gordon Strachan, George Graham, along with a good number 2 like joe Jordan, Gary McAllister.

How about we just set our standards and expectations a bit higher rather than going with run of the mill SPL managers!

There seems to be this thing with the SFA that after Berti vogts we shouldnt go for another non-Scottish manager. I beg to differ, there are plenty Englishmen Id be happy with who would bring more the job. Steve McLaren, Terry Venebles, Kevin Keegan, Roy Hogdson.

Yet if we want to stick with one of our own we should aim as high as possible. David Moyes, Walter Smith, Gordon Strachan, George Graham, along with a good number 2 like joe Jordan, Gary McAllister.

Agree with any of those on your list; but we could not afford any of them.That's the bottom line. We have no Irish billionaire sitting on the C****c board to help out.

So who do you want, then? Bear in mind we can't afford Hiddink! Souness won't take it, or do you want to lose Walter?

Who mentioned Hiddink?

I'd have liked to see Strachan given the job but since the SFA fucked about so long after the last qualifying game we missed out on him. I'd contact Souness and see what he says. He'll still more or less be able to keep his job with Sky Sports on the go too.

Our standards and expectations aren't very high if we're after Jefferies and Collins.

I'd love to see Walter take the Scotland job for 2 reasons - 1) to get him out of Rangers and 2) he's exactly what Scotland need right not.

Who mentioned Hiddink?

I'd have liked to see Strachan given the job but since the SFA fucked about so long after the last qualifying game we missed out on him. I'd contact Souness and see what he says. He'll still more or less be able to keep his job with Sky Sports on the go too.

Our standards and expectations aren't very high if we're after Jefferies and Collins.

I'd love to see Walter take the Scotland job for 2 reasons - 1) to get him out of Rangers and 2) he's exactly what Scotland need right not.

I did! Just as an example of someone who would be perfect but out of reach. Re Souness, I think the man himself has ruled himself out by saying that Scotland do not have enough quality for him to be interested. I wouldn't mind seeing him in tandem with a younger man maybe McAllister. Unfortunately Walter too has ruled himself out. Brace yourself for Levein, who actually has a worse managerial record than Burley who won English manager of the year!:(

I am not for Levien or any current SPL Manager

I would like to see Joe Jordan or Billy Davies take the post

Strachan was the obvious choice but the SFA screwed that up too with keeping Burley in his job

Would like to see the SFA grow some balls and go get one of Europes top coaches to take the post and get us back to qualifing for major tournaments again , i am sure there are many top managers out of work at the moment as they say you get what you pay for.

I am not as concerned about the manager as I am about the standard of footballer we are producing. It goes all the way down to the grass roots level.

Dont get me wrong WS and Eck had us punching well above our weight so the importance of a good coach who can play to the strengths of those available to him are definitely important.

But we need to look to the standard of player we are producing - ultimately we should be looking to completely overhaul the system such that we do have a conveyor belt of talent who are good enough to get us to the finals of the Euros and WC.

Even some of Europe's top coaches would struggle to get us into the finals of competitions, not because of their own deficiencies necessarily.

I am not as concerned about the manager as I am about the standard of footballer we are producing. It goes all the way down to the grass roots level.

Dont get me wrong WS and Eck had us punching well above our weight so the importance of a good coach who can play to the strengths of those available to him are definitely important.

But we need to look to the standard of player we are producing - ultimately we should be looking to completely overhaul the system such that we do have a conveyor belt of talent who are good enough to get us to the finals of the Euros and WC.

Even some of Europe's top coaches would struggle to get us into the finals of competitions, not because of their own deficiencies necessarily.

And the grass roots level - indoor pitches, that sort of thing - needs funding from the Scottish Government. When you think they wasted �£435million on the 2014 Commonwealth Games, what an opportunity was missed.:(