Would be daft to sell him. Looking at the way he's took to first team football, compared to Fleck, he may be the biggest talent we have on the books. No disrespect to Fleck meant and yes it is early doors, but surely it's one of the toughest positions to break into a team in at such an early age?

Edit: Ps when did "The poster formerly known as Shroomz" and MF become best mates? :whistle:

Regarding Fleck, I have no doubt this lad has talent,and maybe the arrival of Wilson will take the spot light of him and he might begin to flourish

Pretty sure it was Ramos who bought Hutton.

But, hey. There'll be more of this until the end of January.

That was the first thing I noticed too. Why would Harry think he can do business with us as he did the deal for Hutton. Utter tosh. Ramos signed Hutton in January 2008 - Harry wasnt even with Spurs until October 2008. The usual lazy journalism !

I hope so. I didn't mean it as an insult to Fleck, more praise of Wilson.

I Knew what you were meaning SA, I just want to see Fleck start to show his undoubted ability and I think the arrival of Wilson and all the headlines that Wilson will get will be good for Fleck, if he is going to take the next step up

I dont think we will accept any offer for Wilson.

Realistically no one will offer more than �£2-3mil for unproven talent, if even that. I just don't see us getting an offer for him that we cannot refuse. No one else will be daft enough to make that offer just yet.

Did Arsenal not pay 12 million for an unproven Walcott ? And 5 million for an unproven Ramsey ?

As I an says though, the reality is that we will see offers of this magnitude for more experienced players and, as they are higher earners, it is likely that even with bank pressure even the bank would want to get a "double whammy" by getting a fee AND reducing wages.

I dont see us getting an astronomical fee (I was just pointing out a couple of instances where it has happened - but the reality is those two played in England and there is always a premium for playes in England) and given we wont get an astronomical fee surely even the bank see the validity of keeping this young, very talented player at the club in the medium term because his value is only likely to head north of where it is and the risk is minimal given his low wages at present.

I know what you're saying and why this story has came out, but it would make no sense to sell a youth player for �£2-3m when we could get that for Bougherra,McGregor etc and get the wage bill down, if Rangers are trying to cut some spending then the latter would be better leaving than the youth players,IMO, unless of course they put a massive sell on clause in the mix

There's another scenario though & that's us not receiving any worthwhile offers for players in January other than a good offer for Wilson. I'm really not certain how likely or unlikely that scenario is though. To be honest, it's all about visible potential with young players & for a defender Wilson has shown that he's got bags of it. We have to take into account that Wilson was no doubt watched/scouted well before his recent first team appearances (or so we're led to believe). We'll just have to wait & see because very few of these transfer rumours are worth listening to until there's official clarification. There are some Gers forum posters who come up with solid inside news though, so we can always keep our ears to the ground. :devil:

Regarding Fleck, I have no doubt this lad has talent,and maybe the arrival of Wilson will take the spot light off him and he might begin to flourish

I think that Fleck would show us what he's capable of if given enough time up front with another striker or sitting behind another striker. It's not easy to say or to predict, but Fleck said himself after the CIS cup game against Dundee that he was delighted to play up front in his natural position in the 2nd half & that's when he scored us a goal, so......

There's another scenario though & that's us not receiving any worthwhile offers for players in January other than a good offer for Wilson. I'm really not certain how likely or unlikely that scenario is though. To be honest, it's all about visible potential with young players & for a defender Wilson has shown that he's got bags of it. We have to take into account that Wilson was no doubt watched/scouted well before his recent first team appearances (or so we're led to believe). We'll just have to wait & see because very few of these transfer rumours are worth listening to until there's official clarification. There are some Gers forum posters who come up with solid inside news though, so we can always keep our ears to the ground. :devil:

Ok, but we've been told we don't need to sell any players in January ???, Wilson will also realise he'd be better of staying @ Rangers as he has a better chance of playing first team football and if he has enough belief in himself that he will get better then there is no reason for him wanting to go just now, as I said he could be worth a hell of a lot more in a couple of years, this IMO is a non starter