Gers fans seek clout for buy-out

No one person should ever have so much power of Rangers ever again,so i agree omov is the best model. I would think that we would have to use the current board of directors working with a supporters group to get things under way. I would also say getting in investors willing to put up sizeable amounts of money would need to be one of the first jobs so we could get some room with the bank and reduce crippling interest payments which could suck away any money as quick as it comes in. Is the debt 30mill including interest or is it 30mill plus interest on top? In other words are we looking at 30mill to clear the debt or nearer 40mill?

One other small thing. Surely free Rangers TV could be used as a lollypop to entice people to participate. That would give you an actual benefit and i think the income would match the cost.

I wouldnt shit in the idea of OMOV but how many large investors would you expect to pump in, say, 5 million, if their vote counted in exactly the same way as the next guy with 500 invested ?

The Barca model works as we all know, but part of the reason it works is because it was created from a position of relatve strength.

I dont believe we are financially strong enough to turn away a 10 million investor who wants more of a say than someone who is investing 1,000.

The reality and the financial need right now should probably dictate the model we use but hopefully with emphasis on changing that once we rid ourselves of the bankers

If we'd be willing to see the club risk a fallow period then it would all be worth it. If we insist on victory every year, there's no point going down this road at all.

I would like to think that we're supportive enough to back the club for anything up to a decade while we get this sorted out, but I'm not sure.

One additional disadvantage to having only members and no owners is that supposing the club start doing well financially, then the Tory party get in and "privatise" us by selling us off as cheap shares and pocketing the money - like they did with TSB?

At least if the fans are shareholders, that can't happen. ;)

I think if we want the club in the fans' hands we have to turn down investors with �£10M and limit them to something like �£1M - and I assume that would put them off.

If it is to be owned by the fans then large investors probably should not be part of the plan - especially with takeover rules etc.

I think the payback for any rich businessman buying the club from Murray would be to reduce any potential losses by following the Murray model of subcontracting everything to his own companies. That is probably a big sweetener for someone who is bound to lose millions during their ownership.

If we'd be willing to see the club risk a fallow period then it would all be worth it. If we insist on victory every year, there's no point going down this road at all.

I would like to think that we're supportive enough to back the club for anything up to a decade while we get this sorted out, but I'm not sure.

I don't understand the "getting worse to get better" argument that follows a lot of bad ideas such as the PLG tenure for example.

I don't understand the "getting worse to get better" argument that follows a lot of bad ideas such as the PLG tenure for example.

I think the crux is that the only to keep improving is to have millionaire input, which ultimately precludes fan ownership. Fan ownership would mean lack of money for wages/players which would make us regress until the finances were sorted.