Beat Ajax to stay top of the league today. I doubt if they will win the league this year but the Champions league is a strong possibility. They sold their two best players last season Marko Arnautović and Eljero Elia to Inter Milan and Hamburg but have replaced them with Bryan Ruiz a player who was washing warm and cold with AA Gent and Miroslav Stoch a 20 year old loan player from Chelsea. Although classed as lesser players, these two players have produced more goals and more assists than Elia and Arnautović ever did. I have often said the player i would love to see playing for Rangers was the Brazilian CH of Twente, Douglas he is immense in height and in the air and also on the ground. Steve McClaren for Rangers manager!!!!!!

Pete, how were FC Twente doing before McLaren went there?

Admittedly Twente seem to have a sound scouting system but the manager has to put the players in the right position and get the results. In that context McClaren has taken Twente to the top of the league. Ronald Koeman took over the Dutch champions and they are struggling. The media here love the guy. The players love him and give him all the credit. Taking a regional team to the top of the league with a small player budget means the guy must be doing something right. One game in England(Croatia) made him a loser. If he had won that one he would have been a hero.