Predictions - Unirea v Rangers

Yeah but surely you wouldn't want to be correct if you we got beat?? Personally I wouldn't bother posting on the predictions if I thought we were going to get beat.

But is that not the point of a predictions thread, to predict the score ? And who said that anyone would get any satisfaction out of being right about a Gers loss ?

The predictions thread is a bit of fun more than anything else.

Fuck me, it's only a prediction thread! I can't believe the reaction of some people making out that we (the nagative bozos) are committing some kind of unlawful act by saying we'll get beat tonight.

If some fans think we can win tonight we are being told we are dreaming :confused:

If some fans think we can win tonight we are being told we are dreaming :confused:

That isnt so - the negative folks simply disagree with you, as you do them.

It is actually the proponents of a Gers win who had a go at those who think we will lose.

That isnt so - the negative folks simply disagree with you, as you do them.

It is actually the proponents of a Gers win who had a go at those who think we will lose.

I don't disagree with the negative fans though, I've already stated it's up to them :)

The predictions thread is a bit of fun more than anything else.

Exactly! That's all some people are saying, is that it's a bit of fun, but that they don't see any fun in predicting that we're going to lose. I see their point as well, because it's impossible to derive any fun out of predicting we'll get beat unless you like fishing like Gazza & are just trying to start a wee argument. :fish:

Each to their own though, it's not like a score prediction thread is anything to lose sleep over. :)

I've got to admit here that as a Rangers fan, I'm a bit biased. I try not to go too far and I think I'm far from blind, but that slight bias combined with some out of fashion optimism is what brings me pleasure in supporting my club. It's also what provides me with the loyalty to one club.

Without those attributes, I'd probably have a much happier life "supporting" the best team in Europe every season, depending on who they are or just watching the best footballing teams play as a neutral.#

However, that is the nature of the fan, and most proper football fans of other teams need to draw on that bias and optimism far more than I do to get their kicks.

Football to me is a reflection of life where you have to believe in yourself to overcome obstacles, trials and tribulations to try and succeed. Most of us in life are not big winners and have to take what little glory we get. Rangers are more successful than most of us which let's us bask vaccaroiusly in their glory - but they don't always win or do brilliantly.

Without that optimism and belief, you may as well give up, but it seems all you are doing is creating misery and anger for yourself. However, when it comes to Rangers, despite the excellent success we've had in the last couple of years, there are those who seem to want to wallow in the slightest failure and perform some kind of metaphorical self flagellation.

A great example is the recent game against Uneria and the one coming up.

Squeezing my bias for Rangers down into a corner, I still don't see how we were "humped". The scoreline looks like a thrashing but the reality is that we missed a penalty and scored three unlucky own goals. Now you can come out with a load of bollocks about ifs and buts and aunts and uncles, but in the light of day, the fact we lost due to such distinct and luck driven incidents surely show that it is unlikely to go the same way again. Therefore, the scoreline is not a basis to predict the score of the next game.

And how am I supposed to respect a person's knowledge of football with that kind opinion? A person whom I thought was very knowledgable about the game... Especially from a professed fan, when your average (but reasonable) Celtic fan would say we were unlucky if pushed to tell the truth...

Yes, I'm biased but the weird thing is that we have fans here that seem biased against Rangers, their glasses seem tinted a different colour. They try to cover it up by saying they are "realistic", but how just often are they right? I would say the are wrong far more often than not, and so where is the reality? Where are their multiple pools wins?

There is no such thing as realism in predicting a football score. The "real" realists would say, "Realistically it's impossible to predict the score as realistically anything can happen."

The question is, if we had Timposters on here doing the same predictions and telling us how crap we are and how we were humped, would we be as tolerant?

I'm sorry, but the predictions of losing are an insult to a Rangers team that are perfectly capable of getting a result. They would be insulting from our enemies, but is it not more insulting when it's from friend?

I may be "over-analysing" it but hey, I like to analyse.

Yes, Rangers are perfectly capable of getting a result. But then, so too, are Unirea as they proved at Ibrox. Regardless of the scoreline they offered as much as we did in an away CL game. So personally I can see where BOTH sides are coming from.

Anyway, my prediction : Unirea 1 - 2 Rangers (Boyd, Miller)