Managerial shortlist?

Strachan!! :fish: - Actually he isnt a bad manager at all.

Best / realistic shout so far is Billy Davies, he has really turned a poor Forest team around. If we were in a position were we could get a big name then he wouldnt be on my list but in these times he is a realistic choice. He is far from exciting but he gets the job done with all clubs he has been with.

There is some good managers in the Championship like Ian Holloway and Nigel Pearson. I just look at the Motherwell guy who came from Stockport and has got them playing some good stuff so dipping down a league in England isnt near as bad as some of the SPL jokers like Levein and McGhee.

Pete's shout of Steve McLaren is a good one also, he is a good coach and Id be happy with that.

Mikhailichenko would be interesting.

Would still have always liked to see George Graham or Venebles in charge.

An outsider for me would be Keegan - he'd get us playing a 2-2-6 formation which would be good to watch.

Someone suggested Steve Nicol to me which would be a gamble.

However, I'd rather have someone like Michael Laudrup. I also think Roy Hodgson would be a good appointment but having ruled out International management recently I doubt he would leave Fulham for Ibrox.

Alan Irvine will be the next Rangers manager...

Whooooooooooooo?

Is that the guy managing Preston? They're doing not to bad actually. It seems the thing to do these days is give inexperienced managers a shot. They often surprise!

You seem very sure of it Frankie.

Whooooooooooooo?

Is that the guy managing Preston? They're doing not to bad actually. It seems the thing to do these days is give inexperienced managers a shot. They often surprise!

Bill Struth did, Scot Symon did, Jock Wallace did, Graeme Souness did ...... and yes, even Walter Smith did. In fact, it seems there quite a case to be made for hiring a Rangers man without huge managerial baggage. Even Davy White and John Greig put teams on the park who would fight to the final whistle for the cause.