BIRMINGHAM boss Alex McLeish is plotting an �£8 million January swoop for Aiden McGeady.

McLeish will be handed a staggering �£40m transfer kitty by the club's new owner Carson Yeung.

And SunSport understands the former Rangers boss is tracking Celtic idol McGeady with a view to tabling an offer which Hoops chiefs will find hard to reject.

But we can also reveal that Rangers stars Madjid Bougherra and Kris Boyd WON'T be targeted.

McLeish failed with a �£4m move for Ibrox goal machine Boyd last January, with the man he took to Gers turning down a switch to the Premiership over personal terms.

The Blues boss has also been strongly linked with stopper Bougherra.

But centre-half is not a priority position for McLeish, who is desperate to improve his side's attacking options.

McGeady has also been linked with giants such as Spurs and Bayern Munich.

McLeish is delighted that City's takeover will see him handed funding beyond his dreams.

But in an interview yesterday on BBC Five Live he said: "We have to be prudent. It's one thing being given large amounts of money, it's another spending it wisely."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2688353/Eck-eyes-Aiden.html

Most of what the Sun print is utter mince/gash/drivel/whatever you want to call it. This story has about as much truth as Santa Claus banging Jordan on his sledge (you know, the sort of stories they print day in, day out).

I never buy the Sun because it's so chronic, but I picked it up earlier in someone else's house while I was waiting on them & quickly went through it to see what shite they were printing. Low and behold, amongst all their other garbage of an excuse for news they had almost a full page devoted to a story about an impression resembling Jesus's head on the Shroud of Turin being found in the wood grain of a door. Wow! Now that's what you call news!! Unbelievable. I swear, I wouldn't take a copy of their shitey rag if they had people standing on every street corner giving it away! Ok, well I might if toilet paper was banned & I needed something to wipe my arse with, but even then I'm sure I could find a better way around the problem.

He's not gonna sign that diving tramp and i've warned him off Booggie as well

Because he's "injured" all the time?

Do you tell yer Uncle Eck to scout players who are good on the FM games? What's his thoughts on FM?