Real Madrid v Marseille

Another shocking decision by a referee in this weeks games in the CL.

The Marseille defender Diarra had already been booked and Ronaldo had skinned to Marseille players before making a bee-line for the box. Diarra comes sprinting over slides in, wins the ball and the ball goes out for the corner. Excellent tackle!

The referee decides to award Madrid a penalty, book Diarra and therefore send him off as it was his 2nd booking.

Shocking!

Meant to add at the end of my post that the decision (again) went against the team UEFA didn't want to see qualifying for the last 16.

I used to laugh at people who suggested this went on. After Scotland v Italy and Chelsea v Barcelona I completely changed my mind. There's a difference between incompetent referees and UEFA referees. I know a number of Chelsea fans who claim not to care about the CL, or the "Corrupt Cup" as they call it, anymore, and who boycott games, don't bother to watch on the telly etc. "Give me a Carling Cup at Southend any day" was one quote.

I agree, these things are becoming blatent and obvious recently in all leagues.

The Man U v Man C added time was a joke then later in the day Robbie Keane wasnt given a blatent penalty.

A few weeks ago Arshavin was hacked in the box by Fletcher and the ref said play on but 2 mins later Van Persie did the same thing on Giggs and was booked.

Was the Chelsea Barca game the one where Drogba did his nut and Ballack chase the ref down the park because the ref waved away 5 penalty claims?

If so, only 1 was a penalty.

I was the same as you Norris. No way could something like that go on in the worlds premier club competition but over the last 2 or 3 seasons my mind has been changed completely.

BTW, oan yersell with owning the Kabin and all that. Is there a storyline in the making of you getting off with Tina? :thup:

I agree, these things are becoming blatent and obvious recently in all leagues.

In this case I happen to think the ref got it spot on. The media and TV coverage went into overdrive. The number held up on the board at the end of games means that it's a minimum of x minutes that's to be played. Bellamys celebration after he scored to make it 3-3 lasted 57 seconds and then there were 3 substitutions made.

The ref got it right which annoyed me.

BTW, oan yersell with owning the Kabin and all that. Is there a storyline in the making of you getting off with Tina? :thup:

Here's hoping, though I'm not sure it would be as exciting as that dramatic day in 1995 when I kidnapped Derek Wilton's gnome Arthur.

http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/characters/m-pcharacters/norriscole/